Is this PC good for gaming? Improvements?

Budget (including currency): $2000 AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft, Fortnite, other AAA games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I know that currently is is $535.68 over HOWEVER if you look at price trends it was below $2000 before Covid.

Thanks!

Ryzen 5 3600

MSI B550 Tomahawk

16GB 3600mHz Trident Z RGB

1650 Super

Fractal Design Meshify C

Samsung 970 Evo 1TB

IMMEDIATELY change the Mobo and the PC CASE, as for the CPU cooler I don't have any experience with it, but I know that the DeepCool Gammax 400 or the CM Hyper 212 Evo Black are worth it. The rest is good. Change the PC case with an CM H500 or Fractal Design Meshify C or S2.

"Tolerance is the lube that helps the dildo of dysfunction slip into the ass of a civilized society" - Plato 427-347 BC

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" - Aristotle 384-322 BC

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" - Lebiniz 1st of July 1646 - 14th of November 1716

Just now, F.E.A.R. said:

IMMEDIATELY change the Mobo and the PC CASE, as for the CPU cooler I don't have any experience with it, but I know that the DeepCool Gammax 400 or the CM Hyper 212 Evo Black are worth it.

The motherboard isn't out yet..

And what is wrong with the case?

Ryzen 5 3600

MSI B550 Tomahawk

1650 Super

Fractal Design Meshify C

Samsung 970 Evo 1TB

3 minutes ago, GamingSeargent said:

The motherboard isn't out yet..

Oh I didn't knew that it was the new MSI Tomahawk. My bad. The DeepCool Matrexx, lacks airflow, and I wouldn't go for a case that lacks airflow. Anything that doesn't choke the components inside.

"Tolerance is the lube that helps the dildo of dysfunction slip into the ass of a civilized society" - Plato 427-347 BC

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" - Aristotle 384-322 BC

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" - Lebiniz 1st of July 1646 - 14th of November 1716

2 minutes ago, F.E.A.R. said:

Oh I didn't knew that it was the new MSI Tomahawk. My bad. The DeepCool Matrexx, lacks airflow, and I wouldn't go for a case that lacks airflow.

What are some decent cases then? I want to try and get some rgb fans in there, and the DeepCool Matrexx ones were not overpriced so I could get more and have it fit the look

Ryzen 5 3600

MSI B550 Tomahawk

1650 Super

Fractal Design Meshify C

Samsung 970 Evo 1TB

3 minutes ago, GamingSeargent said:

From what I've read about it in reviews it has average airflow, the hdd mount can block larger power supplies from fitting and it's not very well laid out for things like cable routing.

1 minute ago, Rancidpunk said:

From what I've read about it in reviews it has average airflow, the hdd mount can block larger power supplies from fitting and it's not very well laid out for things like cable routing.

Im likely to remove the hdd mount, cable management Ill have to look into!

Ryzen 5 3600

MSI B550 Tomahawk

1650 Super

Fractal Design Meshify C

Samsung 970 Evo 1TB

14 minutes ago, GamingSeargent said:

What are some decent cases then? I want to try and get some rgb fans in there, and the DeepCool Matrexx ones were not overpriced so I could get more and have it fit the look

The Cooler Mater H500 comes with two 200mm RGB fans and one rear back fan, so I would choose the CM H500. It only supports two 120/140mm and one 200mm at the top and one 120mm in the back. It's because I have one, and it's really an amazing case. For 100€, though IDK what's the price in Australia.

Just now, GamingSeargent said:

Im likely to remove the hdd mount, cable management Ill have to look into!

I think you'll have to cut it out as it's not designed to be removed. If you like the look of the case go for it, it might be awkward but once it's built you won't need to worry about it any more :)

Just now, Rancidpunk said:

I think you'll have to cut it out as it's not designed to be removed. If you like the look of the case go for it, it might be awkward but once it's built you won't need to worry about it any more :)

Ill keep searching then! Got several months to look into it

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ryzen 5 3600

MSI B550 Tomahawk

1650 Super

Fractal Design Meshify C

Samsung 970 Evo 1TB

3 minutes ago, F.E.A.R. said:

The Cooler Mater H500 comes with two 200mm RGB fans and one rear back fan, so I would choose the CM H500. It only supports two 120/140mm at the top and one 120mm in the back. It's because I have one, and it's really an amazing case. For 100€, though IDK what's the price in Australia.

Im not sure why but the look of it really puts me off ;/

Ryzen 5 3600

MSI B550 Tomahawk

1650 Super

Fractal Design Meshify C

Samsung 970 Evo 1TB

1 minute ago, Rancidpunk said:

That is for an older model, the Matrexx 50 (the one im interested in) is newer, despite the number being lower

Ryzen 5 3600

MSI B550 Tomahawk

1650 Super

Fractal Design Meshify C

Samsung 970 Evo 1TB

6 minutes ago, GamingSeargent said:

Im not sure why but the look of it really puts me off ;/

Trust me it's not as ugly as it looks, but it's one of the best airflow cases out there for 100€. What's morel likable about it, it's the fact it has 200mm fans, that are better than 120/140mm. But if you don't like it, you can spend like 150€ for the CM H500P Mesh which is the best airflow case that exists.

4 minutes ago, GamingSeargent said:

That is for an older model, the Matrexx 50 (the one im interested in) is newer, despite the number being lower

Sorry about that! They seem to have made a few improvements to the old model but just bear in mind the basic layout is the same. The build you are doing shouldn't be a big problem in either of them as long as you are happy to improvise, adapt and overcome lol.