Major help on my internet

Spagheddie

I currently have a problem with my internet. My internet is fine but it will randomly cut out sometimes for 1 minute. I've looked to see if there are outages in my area and the reports show none. I've had xfinity workers to come by and try to fix things but problems still arise. I currently have the default xfinity modem (XFINITY XB6 xFi Advanced Gateway Modem TG3482G). I'm wondering if the modem could be the problem because I know that default modems that xfinity rents out are trash. Will it be better for me to buy a new modem and install it or could the modem not be the problem. Also do yall have any recommendations for any new modems? Thanks for the help!!!

21 hours ago, Spagheddie said:

I currently have a problem with my internet. My internet is fine but it will randomly cut out sometimes for 1 minute. I've looked to see if there are outages in my area and the reports show none. I've had xfinity workers to come by and try to fix things but problems still arise. I currently have the default xfinity modem (XFINITY XB6 xFi Advanced Gateway Modem TG3482G). I'm wondering if the modem could be the problem because I know that default modems that xfinity rents out are trash. Will it be better for me to buy a new modem and install it or could the modem not be the problem. Also do yall have any recommendations for any new modems? Thanks for the help!!!

1. Are there any unusual status lights on the gateway device when you experience this loss in connection?
  2. Do you have the same problem if directly wired into the gateway device instead of a wireless connection?

I didn't notice any changes in the lights on the gateway. 

I have the problem when connected wireless and wired. 

All devices in the house experience this problem when the internet disconnects

When your internet goes out, check to see if the US/DS light on the modem is flashing if you have one with that light. If it is then it's Comcast's problem on their end. If it isn't then the issue is on your end. 

Also, Comcast modems get pretty toasty. Is yours in an open area where it can get some air. Sometimes mine used to overheat and shut down.