AIO pump squealing on startup

Hey guys,

So my other PC is using a CM MasterLiquid Lite 120, and whenever it is powered up after sitting for more than a little bit the pump makes this squealing/chirping sound for about 2-5 seconds before going away. Almost like tires chirping on asphalt. It's actually done this for over a year now and is still working just fine, was just wondering if that's actually "supposed" to happen.

Thanks!

"Rawr XD"

I would move the 3 pin to a chassis fan header then set it to dc and 80% power. 

1 minute ago, Sorenson said:

I would move the 3 pin to a chassis fan header then set it to dc and 80% power. 

The pump is currently connected to the chassis fan1 header. Tried it at 12V (100%), 9.6V (80%), even 6V (50%) and it will still do the squealing on startup. Actually seems to go away quicker when set to a higher speed so it's currently at 100%.

"Rawr XD"

2 minutes ago, Aniallation said:

The pump is currently connected to the chassis fan1 header. Tried it at 12V (100%), 9.6V (80%), even 6V (50%) and it will still do the squealing on startup. Actually seems to go away quicker when set to a higher speed so it's currently at 100%.

Hmm, I’ve had motherboards run the fan headers at 100% power when they startup. That might be what is going on. It made all the fans run at full blast while starting up.

Less likely, you might have an air bubble in your pump. You can get rid of this by lifting your case and shifting it around. If your pump just started doing it, this might be the case.