$1350 New Rig build.

Budget (including currency): $1350 could go a little more if needed.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Various games from new games coming out to old ones already out. (I know battlefield will be a potential game he gets as well as maybe like the Forza horizon, Dirt 5 etc)

Other details: Okay so I've convinced a buddy of mine to finally get a PC and hes working with a budget of what's stated above and he needs everything. Looking to run 1 Monitor for now, keyboard (Preferably mechanical? If not can be upgraded later) and mouse. hes mentioned he could be willing to bump it up to $1500. Also would need to buy a copy of Windows 10!

Thanks for your help in advance.

4 minutes ago, Kidman94 said:

Budget (including currency): $1350 could go a little more if needed.

An R5 3600 + RX 5700

and some 1080p 144hz display, maybe a 240hz display if you're feeling crazy.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

An R5 3600 + RX 5700

and some 1080p 144hz display, maybe a 240hz display if you're feeling crazy.

I appreciate that Ill see what I can work with!

Add peripherals of his choice - he'll be using and touching those all day, so it'd be best for him to try some out (especially when it comes to mechanical switches). 

1 minute ago, ShinRamen said:
Add peripherals of his choice - he'll be using and touching those all day, so it'd be best for him to try some out (especially when it comes to mechanical switches). 

Wow thank you! I'll be sending this his way, That's cheaper than I was coming up with

12 minutes ago, Kidman94 said:

Wow thank you! I'll be sending this his way, That's cheaper than I was coming up with

Sure, not a problem. This should be a very solid build for starting out as a new member of the PCMR, it will handle games very well and the components are all of decent quality. Get a windows 10 license from the grey market (ebay for example) for cheap, don't spent >$100 on it.

It's always tempting to invest a little more here and there, but most of the time it's really not necessary, especially if it's his first machine.
Plus there is upgradability with this build, he can run up to a 3900X (12-core) with this motherboard in the future if he wants to. If you were to invest more I'd personally either grab a 3700X right from the get go or get a X570 motherboard and ensure compatibility with the upcoming Ryzen 4000 CPUs. On the other hand, once Ryzen 4000 is out, prices for X570 might drop/B550 boards will be out etc. 

He'll be very happy with the performance either way and the more money one can save, the better. Enjoy!

6 minutes ago, ShinRamen said:

Sure, not a problem. This should be a very solid build for starting out as a new member of the PCMR, it will handle games very well and the components are all of decent quality. Get a windows 10 license from the grey market (ebay for example) for cheap, don't spent >$100 on it.

It's always tempting to invest a little more here and there, but most of the time it's really not necessary, especially if it's his first machine.
Plus there is upgradability with this build, he can run up to a 3900X (12-core) with this motherboard in the future if he wants to. If you were to invest more I'd personally either grab a 3700X right from the get go or get a X570 motherboard and ensure compatibility with the upcoming Ryzen 4000 CPUs. On the other hand, once Ryzen 4000 is out, prices for X570 might drop/B550 boards will be out etc. 

He'll be very happy with the performance either way and the more money one can save, the better. Enjoy!

I'd have to agree, I haven't built a PC since 2012 I've just done upgrades to mine, Definitely had to be less narrow minded than I was going into this. Originally I went into this with the idea of Intel and it fell flat on it's face. AMD has surely made the scene in a big and cheaper way. I can appreciate this and if he ends up building that exact build I'll surely let you know.

9 minutes ago, ShinRamen said:

Also when you say the X570 is this something you would of had in mind?

10 minutes ago, Kidman94 said:

Also when you say the X570 is this something you would of had in mind?

Nope, not that one. For a X570 board ASUS is a safe bet (Prime X570-P, Asus Tuf Gaming Plus etc.) - lower-end MSI X570 boards are not what you want to spend your money on.

Check the motherboard tier list on this forum

13 minutes ago, gloop said:

No, generally avoid the low-end MSI X570 boards because they have bad VRMs. If you want a cheap X570 board, go for the Asus X570-P: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/McfFf7/asus-prime-x570-p-atx-am4-motherboard-prime-x570-p

10 minutes ago, ShinRamen said:

Nope, not that one. For a X570 board ASUS is a safe bet (Prime X570-P, Asus Tuf Gaming Plus etc.) - lower-end MSI X570 boards are not what you want to spend your money on.

Check the motherboard tier list on this forum

Thanks guys 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump but I have an update on the price. $1800 dollars is the spending price now but he would like to have a second monitor. I'd like to get another idea or beef up the above sent in builds? Also keep in mind we've gotta include the mouse n keyboard