Good, fast general use laptop for work around £500

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
1 minute ago, Asznee said:

Comes with a Ryzen 5, a nice upgrade over the models I suggested, and even more storage it seems. I think that's an excellent choice.

Looking for suggestions on a laptop to do my work on. Just anything quick and reliable for around £500. 

What do you do for your work? For example, my laptops must have a touchscreen for my work, which involves sketching and writing. Any specific features you require?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

What do you do for your work? For example, my laptops must have a touchscreen for my work, which involves sketching and writing. Any specific features you require?

Touch screen with pen would be handy. Currently studying to be a marine engineer so mainly used for college but its paid so technically work i suppose aha. Like i say fast and reliable with a decent battery life.Touchscreen with pen if possible. 1080p would be nice

7 minutes ago, Asznee said:

Touch screen with pen would be handy. Currently studying to be a marine engineer so mainly used for college but its paid so technically work i suppose aha. Like i say fast and reliable with a decent battery life.Touchscreen with pen if possible. 1080p would be nice

Would a Chromebook work or do you require some certain windows apps?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Would a Chromebook work or do you require some certain windows apps?

as long as it has things like office it should be fine. I can't think of anything window specific I would need 

6 minutes ago, Asznee said:

as long as it has things like office it should be fine. I can't think of anything window specific I would need 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S2SG2PG?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

This lenovo flex seems pretty solid for a budget PC, with a proper SSD for main storage and a dual core i3. The ability to fold seems somewhat handy

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VD71VHJ?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

Asus has some third party Microsoft pens that are compatible with their touch screens, but I'm not sure if this model includes one or not. If you were interested, it would be fairly easy to see if you could purchase a pen for this model down the line.

Not certain about the availability of these models in the UK unfortunately.

Primary PC:

8 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S2SG2PG?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

This lenovo flex seems pretty solid for a budget PC, with a proper SSD for main storage and a dual core i3. The ability to fold seems somewhat handy

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VD71VHJ?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

Asus has some third party Microsoft pens that are compatible with their touch screens, but I'm not sure if this model includes one or not. If you were interested, it would be fairly easy to see if you could purchase a pen for this model down the line.

Not certain about the availability of these models in the UK unfortunately.

What do you think of this

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/lenovo-ideapad-c340-14-amd-ryzen-5-2-in-1-laptop-256-gb-ssd-black-10193748-pdt.html

It seems like the best of both to me but i could be wrong

1 minute ago, Asznee said:

Comes with a Ryzen 5, a nice upgrade over the models I suggested, and even more storage it seems. I think that's an excellent choice.

Primary PC: