Pls bemchmark 5700XT on pcie4.0 x1, x4, x8 and x16 slots.

ProDigit

No one has yet tested the AMD 5700XT on where the performance cutoff is with mining, folding, or gaming on pcie 4.0 slot sizes.

Like, is x1 enough for gaming? Or is x4 preferred?

Which slot size matches nearly the same speed as the 4.0 x16 slot?

Hope someone will benchmark this soon!

1 minute ago, ProDigit said:

Probably x8 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Like, is x1 enough for gaming? Or is x4 preferred

Non of these 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

I just kind of found my answer...

Tests done on x16 saw no difference between pcie 4.0, 3.0, 2.0 x16 slots (less than 1%), meaning that the cutoff is below x4 on pcie 4.0 for games.

This GPU is too weak to be constricted by any slot speed above x4.

Still, no one has tested this GPUs performance at x1, to see how it fares against x4 (or x16, basically identical performance).

Still, no one has tested this GPUs performance at x1, to see how it fares against x4 (or x16, basically identical performance).

Why would they do that ?!?! Of course it's not gonna be good

Build Log: 

35 minutes ago, ProDigit said:

I just kind of found my answer...

Tests done on x16 saw no difference between pcie 4.0, 3.0, 2.0 x16 slots (less than 1%), meaning that the cutoff is below x4 on pcie 4.0 for games.

This GPU is too weak to be constricted by any slot speed above x4.

Well i tested it. i got103% worse performance with x4 than x16 pci e 4.

And it is not so weak. Woudl you call rtx 2070 super weak. probably not. I wouldnt call 5700XT/ rtx 2070 super weak.

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

Seems like I can't get any good answers on this forum. One user is just posting crap giving conflicting information, and the other is claiming numbers that make no sense. 103% worse performance? Can you even do math?

That means you're running at 3% performance at x4 vs 100% at x16?

Perhaps you meant to say 3% worse performance, which is within acceptable numbers, and within the numbers other test sites have measured.

But what is it's x1 performance? 

2 hours ago, ProDigit said:

No one has yet tested the AMD 5700XT on where the performance cutoff is with mining, folding, or gaming on pcie 4.0 slot sizes.

Like, is x1 enough for gaming? Or is x4 preferred?

Hope someone will benchmark this soon!

Why would someone benchmark that? You are going to get the best performance on x16 so just use that.

9 minutes ago, ProDigit said:

Seems like I can't get any good answers on this forum. One user is just posting crap giving conflicting information, and the other is claiming numbers that make no sense. 103% worse performance? Can you even do math?

Well how polite of you 

If you don't want to hear actual answer that both me and @SavageNeo gave you you can piss off without being rude 

9 minutes ago, ProDigit said:

Yes those numbers are correct 

Do you expect gen 4 to run at Lower lanes at the same speed because "IT hAs dOUbLe the BaNdwidtH as GeN 3 "

Ofc it's gonna run worse at LESS LANES 

And ofc it's gonna run AT WAY LOWER NUMBERS

Build Log: 

14 minutes ago, ProDigit said:

Perhaps you meant to say 3% worse performance, which is within acceptable numbers, and within the numbers other test sites have measured.

But what is it's x1 performance? 

i was going to type 10% but made a mistake. you can piss of if you are that rude. I am 16 with dyslexia so its not that easy to me to write. And english isnt my first language either.

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

I mean calling 5700 XT weak is either

being dumm (dont want to be rude)

OP lacks of gpu knowledge

Nvidia fanboy.

rx 5700 Xt is best bang of the buck for higher mid range gpu's. it is around 5% worse than rtx 2070 super but it is 20% cheaper

Just now, SavageNeo said:

I mean calling 5700 XT weak is either

being dumm (dont want to be rude)

OP lacks of gpu knowledge

Nvidia fanboy.

rx 5700 Xt is best bang of the buck for higher mid range gpu's. it is around 5% worse than rtx 2070 super but it is 20% cheaper

+1

Build Log: