AIO Compatible?

Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,
59 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

?! What incredibly hot massive cpu do you need 300+w of cooling for?  Or is this an aesthetic choice?

Probably aesthetics speaking that that’s the only real reason to buy an aio anymore.

but top will fit, that little bit is common as the 3x120mm refers to mounting, and aios are expected to have a little over hang for the lines to come out/in.

Hi guys, so i'm planning to buy a Lian Li O11 Dynamic Case and a DeepCool Castle 360ex CPU AIO Cooler. I'm planning to either place the radiator at the top side or bottom which all is 360mm radiator compatible. However, the length of the radiator is 402mm, does it fit into any 3 places (top side or bottom) of the case. Can someone test in reality. Thank you.

30 minutes ago, cutelittlebabyboss said:

Hi guys, so i'm planning to buy a Lian Li O11 Dynamic Case and a DeepCool Castle 360ex CPU AIO Cooler. I'm planning to either place the radiator at the top side or bottom which all is 360mm radiator compatible. However, the length of the radiator is 402mm, does it fit into any 3 places (top side or bottom) of the case. Can someone test in reality. Thank you.

?! What incredibly hot massive cpu do you need 300+w of cooling for?  Or is this an aesthetic choice?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

59 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Probably aesthetics speaking that that’s the only real reason to buy an aio anymore.

but top will fit, that little bit is common as the 3x120mm refers to mounting, and aios are expected to have a little over hang for the lines to come out/in.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

4 hours ago, scuff gang said:

There are reasons.  There are CPUs that can actually run the top off a 360 AIO from both cpu manufacturers.  The 3970x and an overclocked 9900k can both do it.  There’s also SFF and annother reason or two.  Consumer gaming CPUs in larger cases frequently don’t though, yes.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

11 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

There are reasons.  There are CPUs that can actually run the top off a 360 AIO from both cpu manufacturers.  The 3970x and an overclocked 9900k can both do it.  There’s also SFF and annother reason or two.  Consumer gaming CPUs in larger cases frequently don’t though, yes.

There’s also air coolers that air rated for 300+w that are cheaper.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6