Could this PC be able to play VR?

Go to solution Solved by SpookyCitrus,
12 minutes ago, kylerutherford1 said:

That would be very nice, Thank you.

I'd recommend a build like this, it's barely over budget, but a very decent build. Perfect for gaming/VR, if you want to get down to that $1000 budget mark you can downgrade to a 2600 and 3200mhz memory and still have a much better system then what you originally posted.

Budget (including currency): 1000$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: VR

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Will this pc be able to run VR games at 90FPS? The only compatibility issue is upgrading the BIOs. which I dont mind.     Im new to building pc's.

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.cef95df01fd73349bf9eddcc23d1645f.png

The CPU will probably bottleneck any performance the 1070 is going to try and offer

2 minutes ago, kylerutherford1 said:

Budget (including currency): 1000$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: VR

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Will this pc be able to run VR games at 90FPS? The only compatibility issue is upgrading the BIOs. which I dont mind.     Im new to building pc's.

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.cef95df01fd73349bf9eddcc23d1645f.png

It should be alright if you don't want to stream-- I'm assuming this is something you already own given the age of the hardware?

Just now, Grabhanem said:

It should be alright if you don't want to stream-- I'm assuming this is something you already own given the age of the hardware?

So what would you suggest?

Is this something you already own or are you going to be purchasing these parts?

It is very dated, and overpriced. If you have not purchased the components yet then I can put together a build list using up to date hardware for you.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Is this something you already own or are you going to be purchasing these parts?

It is very dated, and overpriced. If you have not purchased the components yet then I can put together a build list using up to date hardware for you.

For a $1000 US budget you are able to get much better, are you buying within the United States?

You might prefer this:

Edited by Fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

12 minutes ago, kylerutherford1 said:

I'd recommend a build like this, it's barely over budget, but a very decent build. Perfect for gaming/VR, if you want to get down to that $1000 budget mark you can downgrade to a 2600 and 3200mhz memory and still have a much better system then what you originally posted.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |