getting a new GPU

RitualWOW
Go to solution Solved by Mister Woof,
1 minute ago, RitualWOW said:

does it perform better than the 1660S?

Yes. It even beats a 2060 sometimes.

TR_1080p.png

1 minute ago, steelo said:

I have the same psu, but 500w...it's a pretty low tier psu but should get you by.

yea i heard it wasn't the best but my build isn't either so lol

2 minutes ago, RitualWOW said:

i looked at the pricing and most of the 5600 xt comes with free shipping but heres the thing i live in california so taxes are around 20 to 30 so the total of it would be 320$ 

If you're willing to wait or find a sale, I've seen them sell for around $260

i'm most likely going to wait two weeks just in case the 3000 series for nvidia comes out 

2 minutes ago, RitualWOW said:

yea i heard it wasn't the best but my build isn't either so lol

We have very similar builds and I have yet to experience any issues with the psu. I also run an oculus rift and am using every available USB port...lol

4 minutes ago, RitualWOW said:

i'm most likely going to wait two weeks just in case the 3000 series for nvidia comes out 

I'm pretty bias against nvidia because of their overall business practices, but a 2060 or 1660s are decent enough cards.

2 minutes ago, steelo said:

We have very similar builds and I have yet to experience any issues with the psu. I also run an oculus rift and am using every available USB port...lol

omg same i have used every usb port i got a cheap usb hub for the little things but man xD

Just now, steelo said:

I'm pretty bias against nvidia due to their overall business practices, but a 2060 or 1660s are decent enough cards.

it was my first build and its decent i could have done better with the wiring but oh well and i have had one amd cards and it was old it was the amd radeon hd 5670

then i upgraded to the 1050 ti and at the time it was good but that was 4 years ago lol

4 minutes ago, RitualWOW said:

omg same i have used every usb port i got a cheap usb hub for the little things but man xD

Lol...

What resolution, frame rates are you looking for? If you're just wanting 1080/60-75fps, a rx 5600xt is almost overkill

Just now, steelo said:

Lol...

What resolution, frame rates are you looking for?

i wont go above 1080p but im looking for 144hz but i dont have the budget for that i play competitive games so i think the gpu's we have talked about would be enough i dont play anything on high lol 

3 minutes ago, RitualWOW said:

i wont go above 1080p but im looking for 144hz but i dont have the budget for that i play competitive games so i think the gpu's we have talked about would be enough i dont play anything on high lol 

144hz may be hard to achieve because I believe your cpu may bottleneck a bit on a lot of AAA titles. You probably want at least a 2060 or a rx 5600xt...

esports games should run like a champ on a rx 5600xt

Just now, steelo said:

144hz may be hard to achieve because I believe your cpu may bottleneck a bit on a lot of AAA titles. Esports games should run like a champ on a rx 5600xt

yea the games that i regularly play is fortnite rainbow csgo and cod 

1 minute ago, steelo said:

144hz may be hard to achieve because I believe your cpu may bottleneck a bit on a lot of AAA titles. You probably want at least a 2060 or a rx 5600xt...

esports games should run like a champ on a rx 5600xt

u think my cpu would be the bottle neck? its basically a 2600 is that not enough for 144fps?

Just now, RitualWOW said:

yea the games that i regularly play is fortnite rainbow csgo and cod 

Ah, okay...imo, a 2060 or rx 5600xt would suit you fine.

1 minute ago, RitualWOW said:

u think my cpu would be the bottle neck? its basically a 2600 is that not enough for 144fps?

Right, its 99% a 2600...

Esports titles will be fine but some newer aaa titles will struggle to maintain 144hz

Just now, steelo said:

Ah, okay...imo, a 2060 or rx 5600xt would suit you fine.

yea its just i really dont want to go above 300 bucks but i will see if prices drop in the next 2 weeks 

Just now, steelo said:

Right, its 99% a 2600...

Esports titles will be fine but some newer aaa titles will struggle to maintain 144hz

oh well lol honestly im fine with anything above 60 i would like to get a 144hz monitor soon but thats down the road im getting 50fps on warzone but everything else is above 144 so anything is a upgrade really lol

13 minutes ago, RitualWOW said:

oh well lol honestly im fine with anything above 60 i would like to get a 144hz monitor soon but thats down the road im getting 50fps on warzone but everything else is above 144 so anything is a upgrade really lol

In that case, even something like a rx 580 for well under $200 would be a pretty nice upgrade over a 1050ti.

10 minutes ago, steelo said:

In that case. Even something like a rx 580 for well under $200 would be a pretty nice upgrade over a 1050ti.

yea i thought about that too but i want something i can get without upgrading for the next two years i think the 5600xt or the 1660s would benefit me more

Just now, RitualWOW said:

yea i thought about that too but i want something i can get without upgrading for the next two years i think the 5600xt or the 1660s would benefit me more

I agree...just watch for sales. Both are good gpus for what you're looking for.

Just now, steelo said:

I agree...just watch for sales. Both are good gpus for what you're looking for.

yup thanks for the replies im waiting two weeks for sales 

9 hours ago, RitualWOW said:

does it do better in performance?

Watch this review

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super, AMD's RX 590 Comes Under Fire!

"Tolerance is the lube that helps the dildo of dysfunction slip into the ass of a civilized society" - Plato 427-347 BC

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" - Aristotle 384-322 BC

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" - Lebiniz 1st of July 1646 - 14th of November 1716