Games are freezing

I recently built my mate a PC with the following parts:

Intel Core i3-9100
Asus Prime H310M-E Motherboard (not sure which version of BIOS, the mobo was bought late March or early April)
AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB GPU
240GB M.2 WD SSD
1TB WD HDD
Gigabyte 8GB DDR4 ram 2666MHZ CL16
In-Win 550W PSU
TP-Link Network adaptor

When he is playing games, such as the new Call of Duty, the game will semi-frequently freeze for 1-3 seconds and then it will return to normal.

I noticed that when doing a benchmark, the GPU was only getting 0.90 Volts, which doesnt seem like enough but then again I am not sure. Also, there are two case fans connected via the PSU, which could be using more power than necessary.

Any ideas as to what causes the issue and what can be done to fix it? My thoughts are that there is not enough ram or that the PSU wattage is too low or made with sub-par components. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Try using DDU and then reinstall the GPU drivers. My old drivers for my rx 480 made my games lag like crazy!

You should be able to see your RAM usage, but I think it might be the CPU maxing out at 100% or maybe something is overheating...

2 minutes ago, RageTester said:

You should be able to see your RAM usage, but I think it might be the CPU maxing out at 100% or maybe something is overheating...

Initiially, the CPU was at 100% but im pretty sure that was because games were running using the Intel integrated graphics processor. After I disabled the Intel UHD graphics that no longer seemed to be problem. How do I check my ram usage?

12 minutes ago, DankDeuxez said:

Try using DDU and then reinstall the GPU drivers. My old drivers for my rx 480 made my games lag like crazy!

Cheers mate, I'll give that a try.

You can use built-in task manager, but that isn't very neat. Better look for 3rd party software, for example Open Hardware Monitor, can adjust what it should display...

openhardwaremonitor.png