2070 s not working at a 100%

I have a 2070 super, but I don't get the fps that I thought I would get, sometimes I get like 100 fps in CoD, boo hoo poor me I know, but for real I don't think that's normal.
Also, I've seen reviews and I get way less fps than in the review, and I don't think that it is the cpu because I have a ryzen 3600. My suspicion is that is my psu, it's kinda old, but idk for all I know it could be the freaking mobo, but in Rainbow six siege I have to put the quality in medium for me to get the 144ish fps. I forgot to say that I am in 1080p, and the temps of the gpu are normal.

My specs are:
-Ryzen 5 3600

-2070 Super(idk the name but it has the nvidia cooler) 

-Ripjaws 16GB single channel

-B450 strix or something like that, i don't think it matters

-an ssd and a hdd, and the ssd isn't cacheless

-I don't remember the psu, but I bought it like 5 years ago.

Fenks :D

2 minutes ago, L_Andres_Zaun said:

I have a 2070 super, but I don't get the fps that I thought I would get, sometimes I get like 100 fps in CoD, boo hoo poor me I know, but for real I don't think that's normal.
Also, I've seen reviews and I get way less fps than in the review, and I don't think that it is the cpu because I have a ryzen 3600. My suspicion is that is my psu, it's kinda old, but idk for all I know it could be the freaking mobo, but in Rainbow six siege I have to put the quality in medium for me to get the 144ish fps.

My specs are:
-Ryzen 5 3600

check the clockspeeds and the temperatures of your gpu, nvidia clockspeeds are very dependent on temperature

boo hoo poor you

Your gpu called Reference Nvidia RTX 2070S. Problem is basically is Overclock, due to reference cards have low clock. Higher the gpu and memory clock, if it starts artifacting, higher the gpu voltage. If it still artifacting, lower the clock for memory and gpu

Main: Intel i7-10700KF, RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC, 16 GB 3900MHz CL15 B-Die, Windows 11 Pro

Third PC: Intel i5-10400F, RTX 2080 Super Gaming X Trio, 16GB 3000MHz Timitec, Windows 10 Pro

Second PC: Ryzen 7 2700, RTX 2070 Super STRIX, 16GB 3200MHz CL15, Windows 10 Pro

First PC: Intel i5-3570, GTX 1060 Windforce, 16GB G-Skill 1600MHz, Windows 10 Pro

Hmmm Laptop: Pentium M 1.6GHz, iGPU, 2 GB 800MHz DDR2, Windows 7 SP1

Also, I've seen reviews and I get way less fps than in the review, and I don't think that it is the cpu because I have a ryzen 3600. My suspicion is that is my psu, it's kinda old, but idk for all I know it could be the freaking mobo, but in Rainbow six siege I have to put the quality in medium for me to get the 144ish fps.

My specs are:
-Ryzen 5 3600

What resolution monitor are you running?

You only have a single stick of RAM? Single channel can hit you pretty hard.... cant find the video right now, but i know Jay did one on it.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

Just now, LIGISTX said:

What resolution monitor are you running?

You only have a single stick of RAM? Single channel can hit you pretty hard.... cant find the video right now, but i know Jay did one on it.

1080p, I forgot to write that, and yeah I saw that video, but regardless in rainbow and apex i think I should get 144fps at 1080

Found it, give this video a watch @L_Andres_Zaun 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

From what I've experienced, I'd recommend going dual-channel on the RAM (it will make a noticeable difference) and checking temps. If those temps are too high that 2070 Super, especially the Founders Edition will throttle.

"Flying is more than a sport and more than a job; flying is pure passion and desire, which fills a lifetime."

————————————————————————————————————————————————

Rig: Ryzen 7 3700X - MSI RTX 2070 Gaming X - 2x8GB HyperX Fury @2133Mhz - ASUS Strix X570-E - Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT -

Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB / 2TB Seagate Barracuda - Seasonic Focus Gold 650W - Corsair 275R

Peripherals: HyperX Alloy Elite RGB - Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro - LG 27GL650F 1080p / 144Hz / 27inch - Logitech Z337

Youtube: @Cetarii - Twitch: @Cetarii - Steam: Cetarii  [I know very creative naming right?]

Just now, L_Andres_Zaun said:

1080p, I forgot to write that, and yeah I saw that video, but regardless in rainbow and apex i think I should get 144fps at 1080

I would think so as well.... but WOW went from 140 to 115 at 1440, and far cry 5 was similar. Thats a lot of %... 

Also though, why is the 144 number so... special? Are you trying to max out your 144hz panel? Does it have freesync? If it is 144 hz and you do have free/gsync, as long as your above ~100 your totally fine. I agree, its frustrating to not get the most out of your hardware. But I think single channel is holding you back.

PSU won't be it, either its enough power..... or its not enough power. 

14 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

I would think so as well.... but WOW went from 140 to 115 at 1440, and far cry 5 was similar. Thats a lot of %... 

Also though, why is the 144 number so... special? Are you trying to max out your 144hz panel? Does it have freesync? If it is 144 hz and you do have free/gsync, as long as your above ~100 your totally fine. I agree, its frustrating to not get the most out of your hardware. But I think single channel is holding you back.

PSU won't be it, either its enough power..... or its not enough power. 

basically because of the satisfaction of having them, also my panel is freesync, and I'm pretty sure I can not tell the difference between 100 and 140fps, and I thought that it was the psu because after all this years maybe it wouldn't be providing the gpu with enough power

1 minute ago, L_Andres_Zaun said:

basicly because of the satisfaction of having them, also my panel is freesync, and I'm pretty sure I can not tell the difference between 100 and 140fps, and I thought that it was the psu because after all this years maybe it wouldn't be providing the gpu with enough power

I know this isn't likely the issue but out of curiosity what is the wattage of your power supply?

"Flying is more than a sport and more than a job; flying is pure passion and desire, which fills a lifetime."

Rig: Ryzen 7 3700X - MSI RTX 2070 Gaming X - 2x8GB HyperX Fury @2133Mhz - ASUS Strix X570-E - Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT -

Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB / 2TB Seagate Barracuda - Seasonic Focus Gold 650W - Corsair 275R

Peripherals: HyperX Alloy Elite RGB - Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro - LG 27GL650F 1080p / 144Hz / 27inch - Logitech Z337

Youtube: @Cetarii - Twitch: @Cetarii - Steam: Cetarii  [I know very creative naming right?]

Just now, Aescii said:

I know this isn't likely the issue but out of curiosity what is the wattage of your power supply?

600 W

basicly because of the satisfaction of having them, also my panel is freesync, and I'm pretty sure I can not tell the difference between 100 and 140fps, and I thought that it was the psu because after all this years maybe it wouldn't be providing the gpu with enough power

We have to assume its the RAM since we know that is 100% creating a large bottleneck. Without dual channel, its hard to say if there is an issue somewhere else or not since there just isn't much data on how every game with every CPU will perform in single channel mode...

And yea, its not the PSU. If the PSU wasn't up to the task, your PC would crash. There is no "sorta working and sorta providing enough power" from the PSU. Its pretty binary, its either working, or very, very not working.

1 minute ago, LIGISTX said:

We have to assume its the RAM since we know that is 100% creating a large bottleneck. Without dual channel, its hard to say if there is an issue somewhere else or not since there just isn't much data on how every game with every CPU will perform in single channel mode...

And yea, its not the PSU. If the PSU wasn't up to the task, your PC would crash. There is no "sorta working and sorta providing enough power" from the PSU. Its pretty binary, its either working, or very, very not working.

Thaanks a freaking lot men, and all other people that helped too, really ❤️

3 minutes ago, L_Andres_Zaun said:

600 W

1 minute ago, LIGISTX said:

I'm gonna have to agree with LIGISTX on this one. Your PSU is definitely putting out enough wattage to maintain both components. Going from Single to Dual Channel does make a difference, along with RAM speed considering you have Ryzen. Also if you haven't already, I'd make sure you have the power mode in Windows to Ryzen Balanced or if need High Performance so the 3600 doesn't keep the clocks lower. I'd still recommend checking temps and what your GPU usage is while playing.