Display scaling issue with monitors of different size but same resolution

Both my laptop (Precision 7510) and external monitor (Acer CB2-27") are of similar resolution 1920x1080. However, the laptopscreen is of 15.6'' and external monitor is 27''. The external monitor is connected by HDMI cable. However, although the external monitor is significantly larger, the display setting in windows 10 unable to detect that. Moreover, if I keep a document in between monitors, it gets scaled up significantly (see pictures). How do I able to scale both the monitors properly so that transition between monitors become smooth?

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

8 minutes ago, Dark_Horse007 said:

Both my laptop (Precision 7510) and external monitor (Acer CB2-27") are of similar resolution 1920x1080. However, the laptopscreen is of 15.6'' and external monitor is 27''. The external monitor is connected by HDMI cable. However, although the external monitor is significantly larger, the display setting in windows 10 unable to detect that. Moreover, if I keep a document in between monitors, it gets scaled up significantly (see pictures). How do I able to scale both the monitors properly so that transition between monitors become smooth?

Have you checked the Display Scaling option for each display? Click on each display in the Windows 10 Display Settings window (you already have this open), then scroll down to find the Scale and Layout dropdown. Check to see if it's set to 125% or 150% for the larger display, then adjust as needed.

image.png.da7e66bf67ae1eeda999f242715bee58.png

Remember that 1080p on a 15.6" display is going to make things look "smaller" because the screen itself is smaller, while the same 1080p on a 27" display will make things look larger because the screen itself is larger. You may be able to adjust the DPI setting, however, I've found that using a 27" 1440p display alongside my 15" 1080p Dell XPS 15 display offers a more comparable "perceived size" of things displayed on each screen.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

22 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Check to see if it's set to 125% or 150% for the larger display, then adjust as needed.

Sorry, it did not work. Scaling the larger display to a higher value worsens the situation.

Actually, everything was working fine with my Dell Vostro with 1366x768 display with 15.6''. Since, the resolution of both monitors are same, it is not helping me.

For you, the bigger monitor has resolution of 1440p, which is able to capture 1080p XPS screen.