Smart TV turns off when bright images appear

Dravinian

I have a crap TV it is a HIsense H49N5700, but I rarely if ever watch TV.

However, I do want to use it now, and my problem is that when faced with a bright image, it turns itself off.  I have gone into the options and turned down contrast, brightness, backlight etc, whatever I could turn down that I thought might impact on brightness, I turned it down.  It is even now difficult to watch because it is so dark.

It got better, but still turns itself off if faced with a completely white image.

Anyone ever encountered this or know of a work around to stop it happening?

Or recommend me a TV for gaming...

i have been using a tcl 43inch from costco. 230$ or so? may not be perfect for some fast games but the casual stuff i like works pretty nicely.

good luck w/ the TV.

2 hours ago, cmdr1337 said:

i have been using a tcl 43inch from costco. 230$ or so? may not be perfect for some fast games but the casual stuff i like works pretty nicely.

good luck w/ the TV.

Oddly, TCL isn't available in the UK, I suspect it is under a different brand, but searching for TCL doesn't return any results.

I have seen a couple of options, just thought I should see if this was fixable before I spent more money.

• 7 months later...
On 5/3/2020 at 4:34 AM, Dravinian said:

I have a crap TV it is a HIsense H49N5700, but I rarely if ever watch TV.

However, I do want to use it now, and my problem is that when faced with a bright image, it turns itself off.  I have gone into the options and turned down contrast, brightness, backlight etc, whatever I could turn down that I thought might impact on brightness, I turned it down.  It is even now difficult to watch because it is so dark.

It got better, but still turns itself off if faced with a completely white image.

Anyone ever encountered this or know of a work around to stop it happening?

Or recommend me a TV for gaming...

Hi sir

having the same issue with my 65” hisense tv... let me know what you’ve done to repair same !!