Blue LED not working/getting weak?

Mami-san

Hey everyone!

Recently, my GPU has been suddenly losing it's ability to produce the color blue on it's left side. Which is making the entire rainbow go out of order. In the past, the blue light started getting weaker and wasn't producing as brightly but after a while it started producing brightly again. But now suddenly it's weaker than last time to the point that it looks like it's not producing blue. I have no idea what happened. I haven't done any serious overclocking lately. I've just been running the fan speeds at max to keep it from getting hot. I've tried turning the fans to auto and that didn't work. Is there a way to fix this?

20200502_134051.jpg

20200502_134113.jpg

20200502_134129.jpg

7 minutes ago, Mami-san said:

Hey everyone!

Recently, my GPU has been suddenly losing it's ability to produce the color blue on it's left side. Which is making the entire rainbow go out of order. In the past, the blue light started getting weaker and wasn't producing as brightly but after a while it started producing brightly again. But now suddenly it's weaker than last time to the point that it looks like it's not producing blue. I have no idea what happened. I haven't done any serious overclocking lately. I've just been running the fan speeds at max to keep it from getting hot. I've tried turning the fans to auto and that didn't work. Is there a way to fix this?

20200502_134051.jpg

20200502_134113.jpg

20200502_134129.jpg

It could be physically less light coming through because of age but if it has no affect on performance (which it doesn't) then no harm no foul

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

It looks to me like the blue led just died out ... leds just like incandescent bulbs can go bad, could be bad solder joint causing an intermittent connection or the internal lead inside the led package could be loose.

Video card could have a RGB led there, and just the blue element inside the rgb led is bad now, so it never turns on.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the video card itself, the performance, video card degrading in any shape etc it's like the power on led on a case, it has nothing to do with motherboard or other components it's totally independent.

I suppose you could replace the rgb led or the blue led with another one and the card would be like new