only 5.93gb usable out of the 8gb i installed??

hey guys

so i recently built a gaming pc specs are as follows

motherboard: a320mk asus prime

cpu: ryzen 3 3200g 

gpu vega 8 graphics 

ram: patriot. ddr4 8gb clocked at 2400MHz 

my problem is i installed 8gb and only 5.93 is usable then windows going on to that 5gb doesnt leave me enough for gaming causing my gaming to be horrible i caant play games because of it

the games stutter and freeze i went to msconfig stopped apps coming up on boot that arent needed i unticked the maximum memory box still nothing changed if you guys have any ideas before i just buy another 8gb stick of ram it would be a big help

1 minute ago, alex.martin1454 said:

hey guys

gpu vega 8 graphics 

my problem is i installed 8gb and only 5.93 is usable then windows going on to that 5gb doesnt leave me enough for gaming causing my gaming to be horrible i caant play games because of it

the games stutter and freeze i went to msconfig stopped apps coming up on boot that arent needed i unticked the maximum memory box still nothing changed if you guys have any ideas before i just buy another 8gb stick of ram it would be a big help

Thats... expected. Some RAM is used to maintain the OS among other things. Get rid of the ram and at least get some 3000mhz ram, and get a 2x8gb kit. I personally reccomend G. skill ripjaws

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

1 minute ago, Kenshinfo said:

Try taking the ram out and re-seating it. Also make sure it's in the right slots for your motherboard.

okay i will do 

6 minutes ago, alex.martin1454 said:

hey guys

gpu vega 8 graphics 

2gb will be reserved for the iGPU in your 3200g

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 minute ago, Mister Woof said:

2gb will be reserved for the iGPU in your 3200g

so should i just add another stick of ram?

2 minutes ago, alex.martin1454 said:

so should i just add another stick of ram?

Yes. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to allocate less RAM specifically for the GPU if you want more usable RAM for less intensive things, as the iGPU can still use more than X amount if necessary.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, handymanshandle said:

Yes. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to allocate less RAM specifically for the GPU if you want more usable RAM for less intensive things, as the iGPU can still use more than X amount if necessary.

okay thanks for the help i think imma buy the G.Skill Aegis 8GB (1x8GB) 2666MHz because i think that will be good for my ryzen cpu

1 hour ago, alex.martin1454 said:

okay thanks for the help i think imma buy the G.Skill Aegis 8GB (1x8GB) 2666MHz because i think that will be good for my ryzen cpu

Mixing up memory is not a great idea. Running 3 sticks is not a great idea.

Do 2 or 4 sticks of all the same part number memory.