Weird Issue with ROG x570-e

mydogz97

I have a Asus Rog x570-e gaming with a Ryzen 9 3950x and 2 FTW3 2080ti Ultra graphics cards in NVLINK. I also have 2 nvme ssd's in the boards nvme slots and have those in a raid configuration. The graphics cards are plugged into the first and second PCIe slots. When I plug in my 10gb network card into the third PCIe slot the second graphics card disconnects from the OS and the network card doesn't appear in the OS either. Is this something that anyone else experianced. It is my understanding that there is enough PCIe lanes to support the three cards and the NVME ssd's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

IMG_0565.jpg

53 minutes ago, mydogz97 said:

I have a Asus Rog x570-e gaming with a Ryzen 9 3950x and 2 FTW3 2080ti Ultra graphics cards in NVLINK. I also have 2 nvme ssd's in the boards nvme slots and have those in a raid configuration. The graphics cards are plugged into the first and second PCIe slots. When I plug in my 10gb network card into the third PCIe slot the second graphics card disconnects from the OS and the network card doesn't appear in the OS either. Is this something that anyone else experianced. It is my understanding that there is enough PCIe lanes to support the three cards and the NVME ssd's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

IMG_0565.jpg

A couple of things first of all congrats on the build it looks awesome 

Now did you try to install the drivers/ firmware for the card if you did 

What config are you running your gpu's in I'm gonna assume x8 for both of them if so your cpu only provides around 24 lanes so it could be that 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Thanks I really appreciate it,  it's my first time building a water cooled pc. according to the manual they say that 4 lanes are reserved for the nvme drives and then there are 8 lanes for each of the graphics cards leaving 4 lanes left for the remaining pcie slots. unless I'm confusing that 4 of the lanes are reserved for the chipset in which then i wouldn't have enough lanes. Thanks again for your reply and your help

6 hours ago, mydogz97 said:

Thanks I really appreciate it,  it's my first time building a water cooled pc. according to the manual they say that 4 lanes are reserved for the nvme drives and then there are 8 lanes for each of the graphics cards leaving 4 lanes left for the remaining pcie slots. unless I'm confusing that 4 of the lanes are reserved for the chipset in which then i wouldn't have enough lanes. Thanks again for your reply and your help

Yes that is true I'm sorry I forgot to tell you that there are 4 lanes reserved for communication with the chipset and some SATA data cables to take up some lanes 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

23 minutes ago, mydogz97 said:

No worries appreciate the help

Any time :D

Build Log: