Help getting DSL setup

TubsAlwaysWins
Go to solution Solved by beersykins,

You should be able to add your PPPoE credentials to the config of the device for the WAN side.

After that it's all relatively synonymous with what you had before.  The ATT box may have some weird dot1X features it's trying to use to join the network as well, as that provider forces client certificates on its devices.

OK so I recently moved and I went with CenturyLink internet. Its a DSL line. It got activated today and I would appreciate some help getting it set up, as Ive never used DSL before. One of my big concerns with it currently is the fact that im using a ATT modem/router with century links DSL.

The modem/router combo im using is the 2Wire Gateway 2701hg-b. Right now it is flashing the DSL light 3 red and green, about 3 times each. The modem is factory reset. What do I do from here?

Breaking things 1 day at a time

You should be able to add your PPPoE credentials to the config of the device for the WAN side.

After that it's all relatively synonymous with what you had before.  The ATT box may have some weird dot1X features it's trying to use to join the network as well, as that provider forces client certificates on its devices.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C