BIOS CPU/Sytem Fan Tweak

Random Bee
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
6 minutes ago, Random Bee said:

I could control my system fan with it plugged in the system fan, so I swapped it with the CPU fan. The Hope that makes sense. So it is really the max? No other way around it? Thanks for the reply, BTW!

That would mean that system fan has different max rpm. And no, you can't run fan SAFELY or with just PC hardware over the rated rpm. You could overvolt it with external power delivery, but that kills things fairly quickly. You can check videos from YT for more.

Good day!

I would just like to ask the experts here, is there a way to manually tweak my CPU fan speed. I'm using a Deep Cool GAMMA ARCHER on my i5-3550.

Any help with my current settings to hit at least 2,500 RPM? Thanks!

95132847_593573301246380_8888636832858767360_n.jpg

95121109_513370889338897_6081153351553122304_n.jpg

42 minutes ago, Mamonos said:

Not sure what you mean.

But your cooler fan has a maximum speed of 1600 RPM.

Yea. From its listed spec it has a max of 1.6k RPM. However, sometimes when I check the RPM via HWID it is at 1.7-1.8K RPM.

23 hours ago, Random Bee said:

Yea. From its listed spec it has a max of 1.6k RPM. However, sometimes when I check the RPM via HWID it is at 1.7-1.8K RPM.

Where do you get the 2500rpm then? The 1700-1800rpm is within margin of error mentioned in spec:

1600±10%RPM

That means that max rpm can vary 1440-1760rpm and be still in rated spec.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Where do you get the 2500rpm then? The 1700-1800rpm is within margin of error mentioned in spec:

That means that max rpm can vary 1440-1760rpm and be still in rated spec.

I could control my system fan with it plugged in the system fan, so I swapped it with the CPU fan. The Hope that makes sense. So it is really the max? No other way around it? Thanks for the reply, BTW!

6 minutes ago, Random Bee said:

That would mean that system fan has different max rpm. And no, you can't run fan SAFELY or with just PC hardware over the rated rpm. You could overvolt it with external power delivery, but that kills things fairly quickly. You can check videos from YT for more.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

22 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Okay, Sir. Thanks! God bless!