new to overclocking

i recently installed a better cooler for my cpu so i can dive into the world of OC. i have a few questions when it comes to stability. i know youre supposed to stress test it to see if it is stable, but i wanted to know if when it does crash, what do you do? does it automatically reset, do you go back into the bios when it restarts and change it back? how do you fix the crash? i havent started yet. i wanted to clear my questions before starting. 

So if your oc crashes you will get a blue screen it will collect so information then after it is done that it will restart. After that get into the bios and usually it is the voltage that you will need to increase increase it and windows will boot  up like normal. 

2 hours ago, tank234 said:

So if your oc crashes you will get a blue screen it will collect so information then after it is done that it will restart. After that get into the bios and usually it is the voltage that you will need to increase increase it and windows will boot  up like normal. 

so it will allow you to go into the bios to change it without just crashing over and over?

Just now, shaneh890 said:

so it will allow you to go into the bios to change it without just crashing over and over?

yes it will but sometimes I have had this happen to me it might power on and off a couple times let it do that after it will boot into the bios and you will see that the settings have been reset but I think it varies from motherboard to motherboard not too sure. What are your specs?

yes it will but sometimes I have had this happen to me it might power on and off a couple times let it do that after it will boot into the bios and you will see that the settings have been reset but I think it varies from motherboard to motherboard not too sure. What are your specs?

ryzen 5 2600

asrock b450m pro4

16 gigs ddr4 @3200

msi rx 580 8 gb

my new cooler is the coolermaster hyper 212 black

Yes you should be good as it will just boot back up and then you just adjust and try it again 

Yes you should be good as it will just boot back up and then you just adjust and try it again 

i did a couple of tweaks over the last 30 min. i have it at 4000mhz and 1.3 volts. i ran cinebench several times with a score increase of 120. my temperatures hit 70c at the highest. should i leave it or try lowering the voltage? it was at 3400 mhz stock

try to lower the voltage by a little bit and see if that does anything but then again 70c is not that bad either. 

try to lower the voltage by a little bit and see if that does anything but then again 70c is not that bad either. 

what would you try lowering it too? 1.25 or ?

im idling at around 37, with chrome and spotify open

1 hour ago, shaneh890 said:

what would you try lowering it too? 1.25 or ?

Ya try that and see if it is stable if not you will have to leave it at 1.3 volts 

1 hour ago, shaneh890 said:

im idling at around 37, with chrome and spotify open

That is not that bad as your max temp is 70c

6 minutes ago, tank234 said:

That is not that bad as your max temp is 70c

I’ve got it down to 1.25 and max at 67 degrees with fans running in standard mode. I set cpu fan to max speed and ran it, was at 64c