fried GPU?

pejantan

so i've been getting this error at least once every two days for the past two weeks. The crash always happened right after i got into windows. The screen freezes and it went straight to reboot. After reboot the pc is normal like nothing happened. i can also boot to safe mode just fine.

Source
Windows

Summary
Hardware error

Date
‎4/‎26/‎2020 4:17 PM

Status
Not reported

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    LiveKernelEvent
Code:    141
Parameter 1:    ffff9e8e87e8f010
Parameter 2:    fffff8011c2109f0
Parameter 3:    0
Parameter 4:    4
OS version:    10_0_18363
Service Pack:    0_0
Product:    256_1
OS Version:    10.0.18363.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:    14345

Files that help describe the problem
WATCHDOG-20200426-1617.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml
WERInternalRequest.xml
memory.csv
sysinfo.txt

i looked for it and the internet said GPU driver error. I used DDU and it didn't help. so today I reinstall windows and boom that thing went up again. any clue? is it possible my GPU fried?

p.s. i was installing RGB strip inside the case and accidentally touch one of the GPU screws on the back. I felt the shock. is it possible to kill it that way?

specs are:

ryzen 5 2600

adata gammix D10 2x8gb 3000MHz

rx5700

asrock b450 pro4

be quiet U9 500W

That sounds more like RAM tbh. try runnig it at default speed (2133) and see if it still crashes. 

Main Rig: EK custom loop |2700x @ 4.25 Ghz| Msi X470 Gaming Plus | 32gb DDR4 | Aorus GTX 1080ti @ 2088 Mhz | TT Core X71 TG | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb + 256gb Toshiba NVMe + 275GB Crucial m.2

Laptop: Surface Book 2 15" |  i7 8650U 4.2 GHz | 16gb DDR3L | GTX 1060 6gb | 265GB NVMe SSD

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/9jvNnH

If you can boot into safe mode perfectly fine then it doesn't seem like a hardware issue to me. You could try running a graphically intensive stress test in safe mode to check if there's any weird artifacts/glitching/crashing.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

4 hours ago, InfinityVive said:

Did you try use another graphics cards? does the same problem happen with another graphics cards? have you opened up your graphics cards and took a look?

i don't have another graphics card to check unfortunately. in my country there is still void sticker on the screw and i don't want mess the warranty so i can't really do much about that.

4 hours ago, Davidwr80 said:

That sounds more like RAM tbh. try runnig it at default speed (2133) and see if it still crashes. 

i thought about this since it was related to timing. i tried running on auto (2666) and it lasted for three days. should I RMA it though?

one thing i know overclocking or messing with the RAM voltage made it worse 

1 hour ago, failblox said:

If you can boot into safe mode perfectly fine then it doesn't seem like a hardware issue to me. You could try running a graphically intensive stress test in safe mode to check if there's any weird artifacts/glitching/crashing.

i did try Furmark and it was all good. that's why i doubt the gpu is the problem