20 points away from TJMax

So I just got home - I left the computer on for the night to do some downloads and fold some proteins. But when coming home RealTemp says to me that the CPU is 20-25 degrees celsius away from TJMax (or as we know it: "PANIC MODE!!!!!"). I have a SilveStone Tundra TD03 (with Noctua fans) placed on top of an i7 4770k (which is overclocked to 4.2GHz) with Arctic cooling paste. It used to have MUCH better heat ratings earlier but has gone up as of late (I could play heavy video games without going beyond 45 degress celsius).

This is a bit disturbing as I'd like to leave my machine alone for long periods of time. If the heat increases exponentially over night (it went from 40-48 to 60-67) I'm almost to afraid to leave the computer by it self. What do you think is causing this high heat rating? What should I try to get it working better? Tighten the screws on the cooling block, replace some of the fans (I think I might be using static pressure fans where windflow fans should be installed (like at the front of the case - there's a static pressure fan on the side next to the graphics card, but I'm guessing that's a benifit since the fan on the case door is very close to the graphics card - which could be benificial.

Other than that: Have any suggestions on how to improve the cooling effeciency of my rig? I have the Fractal Design R2 Define XL "Black Pearl" which sports a _lot_ of inside room for expandability. Thanks in advance!

Thoroughness rating
#########

My laptop CPU is 10 degrees away from TJMax...at idle.I feel sad ;_;.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

My laptop CPU is 10 degrees away from TJMax...at idle.I feel sad ;_;.

Ouch, that's oftly warm, especially at idle.

My laptop is 20 from TJMax when idling, 10 when browsing the web and 0 when gaming. It's actually thermally throttleing.

With your setup, I'd be worried though. As long as you have a good case ventialation, it shouldn't get that hot. Check the mounting, reapply the thermal paste if you think it's necessary. It can have various reasons.

who cares...

60-67C is perfectly safe...

I OCed my 4770k to 4.4GHz with a Silverstone TD02 and at max load with IBT it hits 95C. Don't worry about your 67C temps. ;)

I wouldn't panic for seeing computer at 20c from tj max.

I'd panic for seeing it at tj max. :F

Or seeing computer shut down and water spilled around it.

Curing shitposts by shitposts

Thanks in advance!

in RealTemp, it'll show how long it took to get to that temperature.

so this can get you close to an event that may have caused the issue. but for

assurance, you are sweating for nothing, until it is a common all the time thing.

If you feel you aren't getting good temps, try reapplying thermal paste sometimes that might make a difference others it might be the voltage of the CPU. Tightening the screws won't help if you have a bad mount. Air bubbles in the thermal paste can impact performance significantly