How to connect 9 LL120mm without commander pro

k96

Hello,

quick simple question:

How do i connect 3x3 pack of the LL120mm fans in one go without buying the commander pro? Generally any motherboard takes 1A and 1x120mm of the LL series fans is 0.3 amps, so i can comfortably use a Y-splitter into the motherboard to do 2x2x2 for 6 of the fans. The remaining 3 goes into my Fractal Design Celsius S36 hub that goes into the CPU-header. All i miss now i conneting 9 led cables. In the package theres the ligthing node pro and some sort of hub? i havent seen that thing before, so i dont know, theres a picture below for visual input.

Do i have to do 1 led into 1 channel, and 2 leds into 2nd channel x3, and plug all 3 usb connections at the back of my computer? or is there a eaiser and less clunky way?

thnaks in advance :)

964137_1.jpg

52 minutes ago, k96 said:

Hello,

you have a  RGB Lighting Hub included with the fans and it uses a usb port on the motherboard for the leds 

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

18 minutes ago, Ben17 said:

you have a  RGB Lighting Hub included with the fans and it uses a usb port on the motherboard for the leds 

what do i do with the lignting node pro then? im all confused. I thought the node pro had the "physical unit" to controll the leds? How do i connect 9 of them with 1 USB?

On 4/24/2020 at 11:34 AM, k96 said:

what do i do with the lignting node pro then? im all confused. I thought the node pro had the "physical unit" to controll the leds? How do i connect 9 of them with 1 USB?

the kit comes with a hub to control the leds as far as I know tbh

do you have 1 or 2 black boxes with connections on them?

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

9 minutes ago, Ben17 said:

the kit comes with a hub to control the leds as far as I know tbh

do you have 1 or 2 black boxes with connections on them?

the kit apperntly comes with 3 fans, 1 node pro, 1 led hub per package. So i would have 3 node pros, and 3 led hubs. My theory was 6 fan led cables into 1 hub, and controll cable from that into channel 1 of node pro, then 3 led cables into hub 2 and controll cable from that into channel 2 of node pro. all 3 devies are being powerd by Sata. Im just not sure if that works in practice, because it looks like it could in theory.

With that being said. What PSU? because these draw 5v, and i already got 2 ssd, and 2 hdd. Isnt plugging 9 more argb leds into the psu going to require some more top of the shelves types of psu ?

1 minute ago, k96 said:

With that being said. What PSU? because these draw 5v, and i already got 2 ssd, and 2 hdd. Isnt plugging 9 more argb leds into the psu going to require some more top of the shelves types of psu ?

No the leds don't usually don't use more than a few watts