Worth it

kes2006

I saw 2 used gtx 760 with sli bridge included will it be worth it to get those or not my cpu is the ryzen 3 3200g

SLI isn't really worth it now a days since most games move towards single cards, but the 760 is decent depending on the price.

The lowest bid price was 50 euros I think that's cheap for both 

1 minute ago, Rainbow Dash said:

SLI isn't really worth it now a days since most games move towards single cards, but the 760 is decent depending on the price.

Edited by kes2006

That is 50 Euros = 75.78 CAD or 50 Euros = 53.86 USD. That for two cards is actually pretty good for a deal. But what are you using currently for a GPU?

Just now, Rainbow Dash said:

That is 50 Euros = 75.78 CAD or 50 Euros = 53.86 USD. That for two cards is actually pretty good for a deal. 

Should I go for it

Just now, kes2006 said:

Should I go for it

But first, what are your specs? Cause some motherboards don't support SLI, so if you don't have that you won't have any use for the second card.

Just now, Rainbow Dash said:

But first, what are your specs? Cause some motherboards don't support SLI, so if you don't have that you won't have any use for the second card.

Ryzen 3 3200g and asrock b450 pro4 f

Just now, kes2006 said:

Ryzen 3 3200g and asrock b450 pro4 f

What about the PSU? Cause it will use a lot more power for two cards and you don't want be upgrading that after getting it.

9 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

What about the PSU? Cause it will use a lot more power for two cards and you don't want be upgrading that after getting it.

Need new board but I have a 750w psu so that will be fine

Alright, so I looked around your board and it doesn't support SLI. But you still can get it; it just won't run in SLI but you still can do a SLI hack which is pretty funky so it might have some buggy issues.

1 minute ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Alright, so I looked around your board and it doesn't support SLI. But you still can get it; it just won't run in SLI but you still can do a SLI hack which is pretty funky so it might have some buggy issues.

I am going to buy a x470 board from asus or asrock that support sli

Edited by kes2006
I meant x470

19 minutes ago, kes2006 said:

I am going to buy a x570 board from asus or asrock that support sli

Alright, but don't let me persuade you though. If you are planning on getting a new board, I would just wait and get a new single GPU since that will run a lot better than a 2GB from 2013 and you won't have to upgrade for a while longer since the GTX 760 is pretty old. Plus you get can always save money and get a X470 with it being cheaper now since you won't any real use for PCIE 4.0 yet.

Edit: If you are getting the X470, you can find a great deal with a better GPU together and that would be way better than the dual GTX 760 SLI. Or get a X370 board since there really isn't a whole difference except for faster RAM speed, which will save you so much more money.

39 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

That is 50 Euros = 75.78 CAD or 50 Euros = 53.86 USD. That for two cards is actually pretty good for a deal. But what are you using currently for a GPU?

Why is it a good deal? Because you're getting two cards instead of one? It's still horrible performance wise, as games don't scale 100% by adding another card and the 760 is significantly worse than an RX 570, which can be had for about $75, or less if you look around.

23 minutes ago, kes2006 said:

I am going to buy a x470 board from asus or asrock that support sli

Why? That's an absolutely horrible idea. You're better off putting that money into a better video card.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

Why is it a good deal? Because you're getting two cards instead of one? It's still horrible performance wise, as games don't scale 100% by adding another card and the 760 is significantly worse than an RX 570, which can be had for about $75, or less if you look around.

Yeah, I know it doesn't scale well, which is why I recommend a single GPU instead. But if you are on a pretty tight budget, and just wanted something to play older titles then it's not really too bad.

3 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Yeah, I know it doesn't scale well, which is why I recommend a single GPU instead. But if you are on a pretty tight budget, and just wanted something to play older titles then it's not really too bad.

Yes it is, when you can buy a single card that's significantly better for about the same price.

It's 100% not worth it if he's upgrading his motherboard to make it work.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

10 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Yes it is, when you can buy a single card that's significantly better for about the same price.

It's 100% not worth it if he's upgrading his motherboard to make it work.

True, it's not worth it either to change the PSU either if you don't meet the power requirements. Considering I was looking at GPU prices in Canada it's not really easy to find anything new that meets the same performance, unless you look in the used stuff; maybe lucky enough find some GTX 900 series card.

5 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

True, it's not worth it either to change the PSU either if you don't meet the power requirements. Considering I was looking at GPU prices in Canada it's not really easy to find anything new that meets the same performance, unless you look in the used stuff; maybe lucky enough find some GTX 900 series card.

GPU prices in Canada are entirely irrelevant considering he doesn't live there.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Just now, dizmo said:

GPU prices in Canada are entirely irrelevant considering he doesn't live there.

I know, but I was using it more of as an estimation.

You should get a used gtx970 / gtx980 or rx570 / rx580 if you can ... it will perform way better and the extra vram will be a blessing compared to the gtx 760 ...

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for helping but he already sold them I am going to buy a 2070 super