Ryzen 7 2700X vs 3700X

Go to solution Solved by Grabhanem,
13 minutes ago, Ritabrnc said:

Hello! By the tittle you already know what i'm about to ask. My thing is, the 2700X is 190€ and the 3700X is 330€ - more 140€. Is it worth it?

I'm updating my build, I have and will have:

Nvidia 1060gtx 6gb

16gb ram

Micro-atx MSI B450M Pro-VDH Max

Corsair 600 (power supply)

The cooler will be the cpu one for a while.

I'm a 3D modeler, my build is meant to be more of a workstation (priority), but I play a lot too.

Now, is the Ryzen 7 3700x much better than the 2700x that is worth 140€ more?

If you need more info to decide let me know. Also, thanks in advance for the help :D

What are you running now, and what aspect of the experience are you looking to improve? In my experience CPU renderers like the built-in Fusion360 renderer scale across all cores 100%, and are comparable to Cinebench in terms of benchmarking, so you'd want to look at the Cinebench score differences and decide if the performance ratio is enough to be worth it.

forgot to add-- if your program uses a GPU accelerated renderer (Blender is one I think?) the render times will be much more similar between the two.

Hello! By the tittle you already know what i'm about to ask. My thing is, the 2700X is 190€ and the 3700X is 330€ - more 140€. Is it worth it?

Nvidia 1060gtx 6gb

16gb ram

I'm a 3D modeler, my build is meant to be more of a workstation (priority), but I play a lot too.

If you need more info to decide let me know. Also, thanks in advance for the help :D

13 minutes ago, Ritabrnc said:

Nvidia 1060gtx 6gb

16gb ram

What are you running now, and what aspect of the experience are you looking to improve? In my experience CPU renderers like the built-in Fusion360 renderer scale across all cores 100%, and are comparable to Cinebench in terms of benchmarking, so you'd want to look at the Cinebench score differences and decide if the performance ratio is enough to be worth it.

forgot to add-- if your program uses a GPU accelerated renderer (Blender is one I think?) the render times will be much more similar between the two.

30 minutes ago, Ritabrnc said:

Nvidia 1060gtx 6gb

16gb ram

if you can, pick the 3700x. it's better (7nm, 65w tdp, zen 2...). but the 2700x it's not bad too so if you don't want to spend the extra money pick that and i'm sure you will be perfectly fine with it.

I don't think it's worth that much more honestly. Paid about the same for my 2700x new. It's worth much less now. That's what will happen to you if you get a 3700X now. Within a years time, it'll be 100 bucks cheaper as the Ryzen 4000 desktop will be released later this year if on track like AMD says they are.