Which RX 5700 XT?

Premilix

Which RX 5700 XT is worth picking up?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which RX 5700 XT is worth picking up?

• Gigabyte gaming oc (460€ - 497$)
    • Sapphire pulse (440€ - 475$)
    • ASRock taichi oc (434€ - 469$)
    • Gigabyte aorus (469€ - 507$)

All the prices are final, so no extra money for taxes or stuff like that. 

57 minutes ago, Premilix said:

Bump

Cheapest one IMO; the closer you get to $500 the more it makes sense to just get a 2070s instead

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

3 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Cheapest one IMO; the closer you get to $500 the more it makes sense to just get a 2070s instead

Welp, in my country, the cheapest ok 2070 super is 550€ which I think is like 600 dollars so yeah.

13 minutes ago, Premilix said:

What

he means none of the above

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

11 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

he means none of the above

Oh ty

28 minutes ago, Hilltrot said:

NotA

What card then?

11 hours ago, Premilix said:

Bumpty bump

I have the Powercolor Red Devil and am thoroughly happy with it. What I've read, either that or Sapphire would be the way to go. At least if you have no intention of tinkering with it, in that case I think it was the asus one that might have a better board. Just know that there might still be issues with these cards, whether driver or hardware, I don't really now but I had to do some troubleshooting with mine since it had boot loops during startup at times. I did manage to solve it eventually (protip, if you have a motherboard with PCIe 4.0, knock it back to 3.0, that worked for my problem.) and I don't regret buying the card one bit. Now that it works properly that is.😁

3 hours ago, Ouja said:

I have the Powercolor Red Devil and am thoroughly happy with it. What I've read, either that or Sapphire would be the way to go. At least if you have no intention of tinkering with it, in that case I think it was the asus one that might have a better board. Just know that there might still be issues with these cards, whether driver or hardware, I don't really now but I had to do some troubleshooting with mine since it had boot loops during startup at times. I did manage to solve it eventually (protip, if you have a motherboard with PCIe 4.0, knock it back to 3.0, that worked for my problem.) and I don't regret buying the card one bit. Now that it works properly that is.😁

Ok. Thanks for the tips!

15 hours ago, Premilix said:

I would go for Red Devil from Powercolor

Asus PRIME Z390-A | Intel Core i7 9700K | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 2400 | MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS XS OC | 256 M.2 SSD | 2TB SSHD WD

3 minutes ago, Tomthehitman said:

I have this card and would agree!

It is just awesome and the price is on point!

Asus PRIME Z390-A | Intel Core i7 9700K | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 2400 | MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS XS OC | 256 M.2 SSD | 2TB SSHD WD

I would go with the Taichi, as it's good looking card and the cheapest one.

They all have the same kind of thermals, so it's mostly about price, looks and maybe warranty.

4 hours ago, adamr539 said:

I would go for Red Devil from Powercolor

4 hours ago, Tomthehitman said:

I have this card and would agree!

7 hours ago, Ouja said:

I just checked the prices of that here and it's 471€ or 510$. Is that a good price?

I bought a Sapphire R9 290 vapor-x in 2014.

It's still kicking ass in 2020 on the newest AAA games.

18 hours ago, Hilltrot said:

Why recommend an RTX 2060 Super when it's inferior in performance compared to an RX 5700 XT?

I've been super happy with my Aorus 5700 XT but I got it at a sale. I would definitely recommend Sapphire Pulse/Nitro+ and/or Powercolor Red Devil - those are all great cards so whichever is cheaper I'd go for. The Taichi card has inferior thermal performance compared to the other cards and the Strix cards are not good as it has been found that Asus has not been applying the right mounting pressures on the cards and therefore hurt the thermal performance. I do believe that Asus has begun fixing this but how to know which cards have been fixed and which haven't I have no clue so I would just avoid. 

31 minutes ago, Triboal said:

Why recommend an RTX 2060 Super when it's inferior in performance compared to an RX 5700 XT?

I've been super happy with my Aorus 5700 XT but I got it at a sale. I would definitely recommend Sapphire Pulse/Nitro+ and/or Powercolor Red Devil - those are all great cards so whichever is cheaper I'd go for. The Taichi card has inferior thermal performance compared to the other cards and the Strix cards are not good as it has been found that Asus has not been applying the right mounting pressures on the cards and therefore hurt the thermal performance. I do believe that Asus has begun fixing this but how to know which cards have been fixed and which haven't I have no clue so I would just avoid. 

Do you think the Aorus is worth the extra 30€ from the Sapphire pulse because I think my budget would still be ok with that?

Sapphire Pulse mate!

Not the best Radeon RX5700XT but better the ones you compare

If you would ask me the best Radeon RX5700XT are Sapphire Nitro+ & Power Color Red Devil

20 minutes ago, Premilix said:

Do you think the Aorus is worth the extra 30€ from the Sapphire pulse because I think my budget would still be ok with that?

Honestly, the Aorus is at the same level as the Red Devil and Nitro+. I just picked the Aorus because I liked the look, triple fan and it fit my build better. Any of those three are extremely good and the best RX 5700 XTs you can get, can't go wrong really.

2 hours ago, Triboal said:

Honestly, the Aorus is at the same level as the Red Devil and Nitro+. I just picked the Aorus because I liked the look, triple fan and it fit my build better. Any of those three are extremely good and the best RX 5700 XTs you can get, can't go wrong really.

Thank you very much!

5 hours ago, Triboal said:

I never recommended anything.  Read more carefully.  

5 hours ago, Triboal said:

I've been super happy with my Aorus 5700 XT but I got it at a sale. I would definitely recommend Sapphire Pulse/Nitro+ and/or Powercolor Red Devil - those are all great cards so whichever is cheaper I'd go for. 

Good for you!!!!!!

While the 5700xt may have marginally higher framerates than the 2060 super on a some titles, framerates are not that important to me.  For me, visual effects are for more important.  On my 1080p TV at a framerate limit of 60 Hz, silence and graphical effects are most important.  ATI isn't known for nifty graphical effects and playing Control without RTX would suck.  The Rog Strix actually modifies the reference board to make it better.  OC means that the chips are binned and will run about 10% faster, soundly beating 5700xt reference cards.

Now if you're looking at raw performance and don't mind the noise, the 2070 Super reference card which come in at a lower price than his Gigabyte aorus (469€ - 507$)  smashes the 5700xt.

Now at the budget level - $350 - the 5700xt kicks Nvidia's butt when it comes to framerate.  However, he was looking at a 2070 Super territory price of $500 which absolutely makes no sense.  Now, I can understand certain use cases for the 5700xt when it comes to pro gaming (low-latency improvements with AMD processors), but for me, and the question was directed at meI would not purchase the 5700xt's he showed.

6 hours ago, Triboal said:

The Taichi card has inferior thermal performance compared to the other cards and the Strix cards are not good as it has been found that Asus has not been applying the right mounting pressures on the cards and therefore hurt the thermal performance. I do believe that Asus has begun fixing this but how to know which cards have been fixed and which haven't I have no clue so I would just avoid. 

This is about 5700xt cards which have nothing to do with their Nvidia cards.

The overheating problems are due to AMD and ASUS being stupid enough to trust them.

https://rog.asus.com/articles/gaming-graphics-cards/notice-thermal-performance-and-cooler-mounting-pressure-for-rog-strix-radeon-rx-5700-series-graphics-cards/

And should I mention ATI drivers?