Questions On Creating A Hackintosh

Go to solution Solved by Bluethulhu,

OS X downloads (Don't give me illegal websites)

Well OS X isn't a free operating system just like Windows, so you can't legally download it. Piracy is not allowed here, so we can't give you any download links. You can however buy a retail copy of Snow Leopard, install that, and then upgrade to Mavericks through the app store. The retail price for Snow Leopard is about $30 USD IIRC. You might be able to obtain it through the App store if you already have a Mac, although I'm not an expert on OS X. The Tonymacx86 forum will probably be of more help than us, LTT is mainly a PC forum.

Hello everyone. I was wondering if my old computer could run some form of OS X. I haven't looked in deep enough on which options I have. But on this website it says my motherboard (Gigabyte Ga-8I945P-G) can work with some patches. So if I was going to install OS X how would I get these patches and where can I find OS X downloads (Don't give me illegal websites). I would try this on my current computer but I have a AMD parts and I read that AMD parts don't really work with OS X. If you have any questions please ask but I can't respond till I get home from school (around 4 Pm CST)

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.0

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

No downloaded OS X is "legal".  Unless you download it from the Mac App Store or buy a physical copy. (Does Apple even sell CDs/USBs anymore?)

No downloaded OS X is "legal".  Unless you download it from the Mac App Store or buy a physical copy. (Does Apple even sell CDs/USBs anymore?)

I think you can download it from the app store and then load it onto a flash drive yourself. Also they do sell a usb for like 80 bucks or something.

I think you can download it from the app store and then load it onto a flash drive yourself. Also they do sell a usb for like 80 bucks or something.

Yea you can load it yourself.  Don't know if the OP has a mac available though!

OS X downloads (Don't give me illegal websites)

Well OS X isn't a free operating system just like Windows, so you can't legally download it. Piracy is not allowed here, so we can't give you any download links. You can however buy a retail copy of Snow Leopard, install that, and then upgrade to Mavericks through the app store. The retail price for Snow Leopard is about $30 USD IIRC. You might be able to obtain it through the App store if you already have a Mac, although I'm not an expert on OS X. The Tonymacx86 forum will probably be of more help than us, LTT is mainly a PC forum.

Spoiler