Temperatures.

SinisterPlot

So I upgraded to a Zotac GTX 1660 super 6gb from a gtx 680 and I was playing modern warfare at 73°C at around 86fps average. I was wondering is this considered to be a hot temperature for this gpu to run or not. I couldn’t find any information online.

Nope -- Totally normal temperature.

80s is when it starts to get hot, I think they throttle at 86c but don't quote me on that.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

5 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Nope -- Totally normal temperature.

80s is when it starts to get hot, I think they throttle at 86c but don't quote me on that.

Ah ok thanks, I guess I have one more question to add here. I did a bench mark test and it suggested that my gpu is being bottlenecked, I have a AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.3GHz and I was wondering if that actually is the case.

Just now, SinisterPlot said:

Ah ok thanks, I guess I have one more question to add here. I did a bench mark test and it suggested that my gpu is being bottlenecked, I have a AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.3GHz and I was wondering if that actually is the case.

Yea, I would recommend getting the ryzen 5 3600. That is quite a bottleneck. https://www.gpucheck.com/gpu/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-ti/amd-fx-8350-eight-core/

4 minutes ago, SinisterPlot said:

It's possible that it's being bottlenecked in many games.

check CPU usage in task manager. If it's very high, then you have a bottleneck.

Upgrade to a ryzen 3600 IF your current PC doesn't perform as well as you'd like.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

24 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

It's possible that it's being bottlenecked in many games.

check CPU usage in task manager. If it's very high, then you have a bottleneck.

Upgrade to a ryzen 3600 IF your current PC doesn't perform as well as you'd like.

Thanks for the info

1 minute ago, SinisterPlot said:

Thanks for the information 

No problem, but if you want a cheaper alternative, get the ryzen 3 1600 AF. Just don't get the ryzen 3 2600 because the 3 1600 AF preforms about the same (if you watch certain bit wits videos)