Should I Wait For Ryzen 4000 or Nvidia 3000

AHaldane73

Hello,

Earlier in the year, I was planning on building a gaming pc at the end of 2020. However, now with Covid-19 I am spending a lot of time at home bored as I am a high school student with no homework to do. So, I just wanted to consult some people, much wiser than myself, about whether they think I should wait till ryzen 4000, big navi, or Nvidia 3000. I am also planning to keep this computer for a very long time so I am okay to wait a couple months, but I don't want to wait till next year. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I wanted to be able to game at 1440 at 144hz. My budget is 1500 CAD or 1000 USD (Looking at the current conversion rate.) I want to use it for gaming and light video editing.

This is what my build is looking like right now:

CPU: Ryzen 3600

GPU: Rx 5700 XT or RTX 3070

RAM: 16 Gb at 3200

Motherboard: B450

PSU: haven't got one yet

Storage: WB 1 TB SSD

Do you think waiting will be worth it?

Also, any build suggestion are greatly appreciated.

Last thing, I have the funds to buy it today so that is not a problem(I have been saving up)

Thanks for your help!

If you can wait several months to have a PC, sure. Nothing wrong with the part list you picked out though, in general terms. Ryzen 4000 and RTX 3000 will be compatible with whatever motherboard you buy anyway, so consider maybe saving now and going ham down the line.

Consider this:

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Will a 5700XT be able to handle 1440p at 144hz?

6 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Is this the correct price? I assume this is cad, but still much higher than elsewhere.

correct price, CAD pcpp doesn't show the 3600 as in stock. All other Ryzen 5 models are more expensive.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, AHaldane73 said:

Will a 5700XT be able to handle 1440p at 144hz?

Yeah, not at max details since 1440p 144Hz is more demanding than 4k but at medium/high it will be a good card for that.

Primary PC:

Okay, will it be able to get 144hz at 1080 max?

7 minutes ago, AHaldane73 said:

Okay, will it be able to get 144hz at 1080 max?

Really depends on the game, but most should not have issues.

Primary PC:

Okay, thanks for your help...

I think I am going to wait as long as the leaks and rumors are suggesting a Q4 launch, otherwise anything after that I will just buy it now.

Thanks again

5700 xt user here:

I can run most new games at 80-120fps maxed out at 3440x1440p

So i believe for 1080P its definitely not a problem.

For 1440, you'd probably hit the numbers you want, if you just turn down/off AA.

Rig 1                                                              Rig 2

DeepCool Macube 550                                  ThermalTake View 31 TG RGB

DeepCool Castle 360mm AIO RGB               FractalDesign Celsius S36 360mm AIO

R9-3900x oc'ed to 4.3ghz all core                  i7-970 oc'ed to 4.4ghz

ASUS X570 TUF                                            ASUS Sabertooth TUF X58

32GB G.Skill Tridentz RGB                            12gb Corsair

Gigabyte 5700 XT Gaming OC                      ASUS ROG STRIX RX480

Corsair RM850X                                            Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 750W RGB

Corsair MP600 NVME                                    Samsung 850 EVO

Adata SX8200 PRO NVME                            Intel 320

Seagate Barracuda                                        Seagate Barracuda x 3

Corsair K70 LUX w/MX Blue                          Western Digital Black x 1
Logitech G903 Lightspeed                             Corsair K70 LUX w/MX Blue 

MSI Optix 34" Ultrawide oc'ed to 120hz         Razer Mamba

Benq 28" oc'ed to 85hz