Intermittent loss of Network Connection on PC

Xenift

Yo guys, recently have been having this odd issue where randomly my PC loses internet connection for a short while and then returns again after minutes.

Below are the clues which i have identified but have not yet led me to a conclusive answer as to what is causing the issue.

1. YouTube videos playing will stop at the buffer line

2. Discord, Skype and Games seem unaffected by this issue. i.e i cant surf chrome suddenly, but my current game session runs fine

3. Running games will face connecting to lobby issues until rectified. (Which leads me to believe that this issue only affects TCP and not UDP)

4. Disconnecting and reconnecting to the network (as i am connected via a wifi network card) solves the drop in connection.

5. Chrome upon refreshing during connection lost sometimes show unable to connect to dns servers error.

6. I have tried a separate wifi card and the issue persists, unable to connect via ethernet due to distance of pc to router.

7. I have also done a complete factory reset of Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tool.

Honestly this issue has been haunting me for far too long, no one else in the household has this issue which leads me to be perplexed as to what could have caused this. 

Would honestly appreciate help of any form.

To add on, i am not able to ping my router when that disconnect happens, but somehow i am able to arp -a to see all devices connected in my network.

4 minutes ago, Xenift said:

Honestly this issue has been haunting me for far too long, no one else in the household has this issue which leads me to be perplexed as to what could have caused this. 

Would honestly appreciate help of any form.

Try updating your drivers, checking port rules or antimalware applications, and verifying the integrity of Windows, as somethimes Windows does what Windows does best...

Windows xp \11) Task Failed successfully. - iFunny :)

In all reality I have had some bad installations of Windows where this was a problem.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!