PC taking multiple restarts to boot with a VGA error light on Mobo

Aggressive Sloth
Go to solution Solved by Aggressive Sloth,

Seems like the 24pin was the issue for google reference 

About 2 months ago I bought new parts for me PC. All but the graphics card and my sdd/hdd drivers were replaced.

Last week or so I started getting issues were I would need to restart multiple times before the PC boots. The motherboard *does not* make any beeps nor bring up any text on the display. It will just idle on a black screen with the VGA led lit up. This is previous to the motherboard boot screen so I wouldn't even be able to access bios options. Once the PC randomly decides to boot I have 0 issues at max performance and runs without displaying the VGA led. 

(Probably unrelated but this was around the time I got my Rift S too.)

I've tried a few things to try an narrow down where the issue is coming from with no success.

> Checked all cables to ensure they're fully in place.

> Swapped PSU port and cable running to the GPU

> Swapped GPUs

> Flashed BIOS

> Swapped around gpu ports

> Swapped PCIe port

Specs (not overclocked only RAM has been upped to 3000 from the stock speed) -

GPU - EVGA GTX 1060

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700x

RAM - 2 x 8GB  Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz 

MOBO - MSI B450-A PRO MAX Motherboard ATX

PSU - Corsair (CP-9020081-UK) RMi Series RM650i ATX/EPS

Check if your on-board HDMI and display ports are working. (without the GPUs installed)

If you don't have the latest Bios, upgrade and clear your CMOS. You can update without video, using the flashback port on your IO panel.

Remove all unnecessary peripheral devices initially, till the GPU issue is sorted, then add them back one at a time.

Ensure all drivers are up to date, if and when you can enter your OS.

If none of this helps for it to boot, the only thing I can think of is the psu having problems...

i9-10980xe 4.5ghz all cores | EVGA RTX 2080 XC ultra clocked at 1965mhz and memory clocked at 8417mhz | 128gb 3200mhz |

I have reset the bios then updated it again and nothing had changed. Going to try what you said about removing as much as I can then adding things back in one by one.

if you had already tried that, the only problem I can thing of is PSU problems.. do you have another psu laying round?

i9-10980xe 4.5ghz all cores | EVGA RTX 2080 XC ultra clocked at 1965mhz and memory clocked at 8417mhz | 128gb 3200mhz |

Yeah I do not sure how many watts it is but one thing maybe worth noting is that I could never get the 24pin psu cable to "click" into place. All others went in relatively easily but that bastard  never did. 

I just left it the best I could get it in and it seems fine. Any more pressure and it felt like I was sure to damage the motherboard