The Reboot

tehxf

As the title suggests this build was a reboot of my current PC, gutting what i wanted to keep and upgrading the rest.

Circa 2017 i upgraded from my first gen i7 920 paired with a 295GTX to an if 7600k with a GTX1080. Essentially there is nothing really wrong with the i5 and some would have argued not worth the upgrade to my current setup.

The build did not have the approval of the minister of finance so had to be completed whilst looking as is i was just cleaning out the dust and then adding a AIO cooler to the CPU. Okay so i manage to get all the bits and pieces into the house and everything is all good to go, start dismantling old PC to clean (replace motherboard and CPU), all good so far. Mounted motherboard into old case as wanted to keep obvious costs to a minimum of my no budget build, CPU in, RAM in, start attempt to mount AIO cooler (H115i Corsair CPU cooler) too big to fit in old case. So thats sorted, and somewhat straight forward, find a case that will fit the cooler as wife already knows about the cooler. 3 Days later and the build is complete as follows;

• CPU: I9 9900KF
  • Motherboard: MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon
  • RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz Trident Z RGB 
  • Cooling: Corsair H115i CPU AIO Cooler
  • Storage:
    • 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
    • 2 x 120GB Kingston HyperX Fury SSD
    • 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD
  • Power Supply: eVGA 750W G2 80+ Gold Full Modular
  • GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce
  • Case: Corsair 680x 
  • Peripherals: 
    • Keyboard - Steelseries  Apex Pro
    • Mouse -  Logitech G903 + Wireless Charging Mouse Pad
    • Headset - Steelseries Arctis Pro
    • Monitor
      • Samsung 27inch Curved 144Hz Quantum Dot 
      • Asus 21.9inch (Used for discord/streaming apps)

This setup blows my old i5 out of the water, the case itself tops it off and i would have been disappointed if i had kept my old one now that ive changed, the extra space behind the board is perfect for drives and cable management. 

Apologies for the UNICORN Spew (Prior to configuring RGB)  and Shitty Photos (Hard to get a good picture with the Glass Panel)

IMG_3087.jpg

IMG_3086.JPG

IMG_3085.JPG

Looks nice! I was kind of skimming/fast reading and read "The build did not have the approval of the minister of finance" as the approval of the minister of France... was kind of confused what the minister of France has to do with your build lol. 

1 minute ago, The_russian said:

Looks nice! I was kind of skimming/fast reading and read "The build did not have the approval of the minister of finance" as the approval of the minister of France... was kind of confused what the minister of France has to do with your build lol. 

I dont think  France approved of it either to be honest.