intel i4?

56 minutes ago, little_fish said:

我说我是中国人你们信吗(巧了我也是在b站看了老斯视频来的

正常,这个帖子下不止你一个,不过我认为这里适合发布些有意义的帖子而不是划水(づ ̄3 ̄)づ╭~

I am Chinese and I am a fan of the video uploader. I heard that this video has caused controversy. I am here as an amateur to tell some international friends about the facts:
1. The video author's job is to repair computers, and often send some videos about repairing computers. This computer is given to him by his customers or fans. The computer owner also wrote a long letter to him which you can see in the video.
2. The main idea of the video is that when he repaired the computer, he found that the CPU was i4, and then he suspected that there was a problem with the BIOS or the motherboard, so he changed the CPU to a new computer for testing, so there was a new BIOS interface and a new computer,and he also put a real i5 CPU to the origin computer to test the BIOS and motherboard.
3. Later it was found that the South Bridge was broken, so the latter part of the video was to replace the South Bridge

Most of the instruments in this video are used to test whether the computer has a short circuit or a voltage problem. His previous videos have these devices, so there is no need to associate too much with fraud, and the author should also have no motivation for fraud

The above words are translated by Google, so there may be some stiff translation, please forgive me

Edited by cai666

18 minutes ago, cai666 said:

I am Chinese and I am a fan of China. I heard that this video has caused controversy. I am here as an amateur to tell some international friends about the facts:
1. The video author's job is to repair computers, and often send some videos about repairing computers. This computer is given to him by his customers or fans. The computer owner also wrote a long letter to him which you can see in the video.
2. The main idea of the video is that when he repaired the computer, he found that the CPU was i4, and then he suspected that there was a problem with the BIOS or the motherboard, so he changed the CPU to a new computer for testing, so there was a new BIOS interface and a new computer,and he also put a real i5 CPU to the origin computer to test the BIOS and motherboard.
3. Later it was found that the South Bridge was broken, so the latter part of the video was to replace the South Bridge

Most of the instruments in this video are used to test whether the computer has a short circuit or a voltage problem. His previous videos have these devices, so there is no need to associate too much with fraud, and the author should also have no motivation for fraud

The above words are translated by Google, so there may be some stiff translation, please forgive me

i just want to say some people here are too institutionalized about hardware maintenance

5 hours ago, bbs3223474 said:

The language code issue only happens if there are some special characters that not included in the Chinese character set. But numbers are not in this case.

Here's the proof by the way (on my own PC) :

QQ截图20200420172942.jpg

So I had asked a few buddies of mine which happen to be a little more educated on the subject than myself.

Apparently, this processor has sustained damage which may have turned the 4 to a 5 in the cpu register it'self. 

(bin 0100 to bin 0101)

So I correct myself claiming a bios tampering and I am sorry for that.

So hopefully this clarifies the issue for everyone.

Its not an ES or QS at all, but nothing more than a damaged processor.

Best regards,

ShrimpBrime

I glued half i3-2120m and half i5-6300u then it became i4-4210m. That's exactly how I made my 'homemade CPU'.

On 4/20/2020 at 11:10 PM, ShrimpBrime said:

So I had asked a few buddies of mine which happen to be a little more educated on the subject than myself.

Apparently, this processor has sustained damage which may have turned the 4 to a 5 in the cpu register it'self. 

(bin 0100 to bin 0101)

Best regards,

ShrimpBrime

That's very kind. Thank you for your understanding.

OMFG I couldn't believe there are so many idiots on this forum. To all those idiots who thought this video is a freaking click bait simply because you don't even freaking know a laptop could be turned on this way, go click into this guy's other videos on his channel and you will know why he did it this way and what he does for a living.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgaTQ4N7-Q50UTLkYSHslCQ

Still don't understand? Go check Louis Rossmann's channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/rossmanngroup

Why? Because they are doing basically the same thing- fixing Laptops

I mean- really FIXING them, not just chuck the broken motherboard in the bin and change to a new one, but really FIXING THE FREAKING BROKEN MOTHERBOARD. (And by the way those broken mother boards chucked away as rubbish by you guys will very much likely ended up in one of those workshop like what this guy in the video works in and provide parts for the fixing of other motherboards.)

What did this guy do in this video? He shared a funny episode he encountered while fixing one of his client's laptop. Which all of you could see- a one of its own kind i4-4210m CPU. He checked the info in the bios- it's an i4. He checked in Windows- it's an i4. Then something must be wrong with this laptop- how about remove the i4 and insert an i5 he owns - both bios and Windows shows i5. OK then- plug this i4 CUP into a different laptop- still showed i4!

This guy in this video did not know what was really happened either like the rest of you. He was really only sharing a funny episode he encountered.

On 4/21/2020 at 12:40 AM, ShrimpBrime said:

(bin 0100 to bin 0101)

Best regards,

ShrimpBrime

Thanks so much for the input. This much be the truth

On 4/20/2020 at 9:46 PM, cai666 said:

I am Chinese and I am a fan of the video uploader. I heard that this video has caused controversy. I am here as an amateur to tell some international friends about the facts:

You did not watch this video properly

There are 3 laptops and 2 clients involved in this video.

1. Client A sent his laptop to Laosi to fix. After fixing it and turned it on, Laosi found a fun fact: The laptop has an i4 CPU.

2. Laosi checked bios, Master Lu (a benchmarking software which is quite popular in China. The score it gives can only be taken by a grain of salt, so it also is often referred to as 'Master of entertainment'. Laosi also stressed this point in his video by saying 'you may not trust what the Master of entertainment tells you') and Windows. All three gave the same information- i4 4210m

3. Laosi suspected there was something wrong with this client's laptop so he inserted this i4 CUP into another laptop which has the same socket type to check if it would too show i4 in both bios and Windows, which it did. Then he joked around like people who were watching this video can start biding for the one only i4 in the world. A second later he said why should I bother doing this. This CPU does not even belong to me lol. Typical Laosi jokes. This is the end of the i4 topic.

4. Moved done to the next topic. Client B sent his laptop to Laosi together with a hand written super long letter which described the problem of this laptop. After replace the southbridge chipset Laosi fixed this laptop

Seems weird to me this was posted by someone with 8 posts, no comment, and then this thread is swarmed by low post count presumably new members.

Is this really something someone wanted to discuss here, or a (not so) cleverly disguised advertisement for a youtube channel?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

55 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Seems weird to me this was posted by someone with 8 posts, no comment, and then this thread is swarmed by low post count presumably new members.

Is this really something someone wanted to discuss here, or a (not so) cleverly disguised advertisement for a youtube channel?

Mr IWatchLinusTechTipsReligiously, no, it is not an advertisement, I saw the video on youtube and shared here. Those people replying with low post counts are mainly fans of the channel and of Chinese origin. If you were to check the video's comments, they are criticizing on how ignorant, rude and stupid some people are in this forum.

Judging from your post counts, you seem to have no life. :) Not everyone is like you.

11 minutes ago, decltype said:

Mr IWatchLinusTechTipsReligiously, no, it is not an advertisement, I saw the video on youtube and shared here. Those people replying with low post counts are mainly fans of the channel and of Chinese origin. If you were to check the video's comments, they are criticizing on how ignorant, rude and stupid some people are in this forum.

Judging from your post counts, you seem to have no life. :) Not everyone is like you.

ad hominem 

giphy.gif

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

24 minutes ago, decltype said:

Still Fake. 

But I withdraw my silly accusations.

A real man can at least call out his own mistakes.

But next time you post something like this, can you at least translate for clarity? 

That would be great thanks.

25 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Still Fake. 

But I withdraw my silly accusations.

A real man can at least call out his own mistakes.

But next time you post something like this, can you at least translate for clarity? 

That would be great thanks.

A translation and/or some comment in the first post would make this go a lot better.

40 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

A translation and/or some comment in the first post would make this go a lot better.

Well, its kinda comical that now an i4 4000 series cpu would pop up and not years ago. 

Not that the cpu would be relevant for todays computing as old as it is really.

Looking back at it, I wish I knew the language so could have understood the video better. This clould have panned out a little differently.

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Well, its kinda comical that now an i4 4000 series cpu would pop up and not years ago. 

Not that the cpu would be relevant for todays computing as old as it is really.

Looking back at it, I wish I knew the language so could have understood the video better. This clould have panned out a little differently.

i can understand maybe 1/10 of it 

that said, i didn't understand it

6 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

Hi guys,

I'm new here because I watched this video, with question google for "i4 intel" and found this topic.

Also I'm chinese but i think it's not point, this youtuber also upload to many other video platforms, some of viewers are same as me,search and commit here.

Here is a so cooool platform for geek or someone love computer, I wander who can explain this situation, wtf is the i4?

(PS: forgive me for my poor English.

3 minutes ago, zzy0302 said:

Hi guys,

I'm new here because I watched this video, with question google for "i4 intel" and found this topic.

Also I'm chinese but i think it's not point, this youtuber also upload to many other video platforms, some of viewers are same as me,search and commit here.

Here is a so cooool platform for geek or someone love computer, I wander who can explain this situation, wtf is the i4?

(PS: forgive me for my poor English.

Interesting. 

Intel never made an i4. Never will either.

The cpu in the video was damaged in a way the the cpu register changed.

bin 0100 to bin 0101 which is 5 to 4.

People in America for example have a hard time translating just a video.

its interesting that you would look for an i4 processor to come comment here, but I suppose for curiosity maybe.

I had this platform some years ago. My cpu was a 4690k and it was pretty fast..... At least back then it was. Today its outdated.

but that never stops people from having fun.

I'm currently running socket A with a 2500+. I enjoy vintage hardware a lot. 

but anyways, thanks for stopping by!! I hope in the future you dont believe Intel ever made any core i processors with an even number such as the i4, or i6 8 and so forth. 

The i4 was an unreleased SKU with the revolutionary new APU feature-- Argument Processing Unit. This specialized silicon could incite orders of magnitude more internet conflicts per watt than a standard chip.

It never made it to market due to internal conflict at Intel, which many suspect was caused by the chip itself.

:)

1 hour ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Interesting. 

Intel never made an i4. Never will either.

The cpu in the video was damaged in a way the the cpu register changed.

bin 0100 to bin 0101 which is 5 to 4.

People in America for example have a hard time translating just a video.

its interesting that you would look for an i4 processor to come comment here, but I suppose for curiosity maybe.

I had this platform some years ago. My cpu was a 4690k and it was pretty fast..... At least back then it was. Today its outdated.

but that never stops people from having fun.

I'm currently running socket A with a 2500+. I enjoy vintage hardware a lot. 

but anyways, thanks for stopping by!! I hope in the future you dont believe Intel ever made any core i processors with an even number such as the i4, or i6 8 and so forth. 

For me it's purely curiosity lol. By the way I did not come to this forum for the sake of this forum(I love Linus's channel, but did not know this forum beforehand). The reason I ended up here is after I watched Laosi's video (half way through the video actually), I typed i4-4210m in Google search and was lead here. And judged by the comments (in Mandarin of course ) under the video, you will be surprised how many people did the same thing as me, not all commented here though. I could not believe on Linus's forum so many people made comments like 'judged by the way this guy turned on the laptop, this has to be fake'. This guy fixes motherboard for a living. If you click into any of his other videos, I could guarantee you'll find him turning on another laptop the same way. In this video Laosi shared a funny episode he encountered while fixing a client's laptop. Fun fact is this i4 is not the only topic in this video. After this topic Laosi moved down to another failed motherboard, fixed it and called it a day.

3 hours ago, Peacefulchaos said:

For me it's purely curiosity lol. By the way I did not come to this forum for the sake of this forum(I love Linus's channel, but did not know this forum beforehand). The reason I ended up here is after I watched Laosi's video (half way through the video actually), I typed i4-4210m in Google search and was lead here. And judged by the comments (in Mandarin of course ) under the video, you will be surprised how many people did the same thing as me, not all commented here though. I could not believe on Linus's forum so many people made comments like 'judged by the way this guy turned on the laptop, this has to be fake'. This guy fixes motherboard for a living. If you click into any of his other videos, I could guarantee you'll find him turning on another laptop the same way. In this video Laosi shared a funny episode he encountered while fixing a client's laptop. Fun fact is this i4 is not the only topic in this video. After this topic Laosi moved down to another failed motherboard, fixed it and called it a day.

Well sir that was very valid reason to come post your feelings. I appreciate that. 

With turning a laptop on in the fashion I saw in the video was running the ground from a multimeter across a bunch of pins to "spark up" a post from the board. I questioned the knowledge of the individual while seemingly he can remove a cpu from the board, but fails to know or find the exact pins he would need to power on a motherboard of a very basic laptop. Instead, basically scraped the ground lead across a bunch of pins instead. But who the F am I to judge? I generally just used the power button lol. 

It's good to see he enjoys the hobby. I cannot click his videos because I cannot understand them and will find it useless. (I watched some videos) This video was edited quite a bit, and just imagine turning off the sound (which I did) and just being able to concentrate on only what you see with your eyes. That's what it's like for us.

We got a title i4? and this video that 99% of westerners can't understand the words that are coming out of Laosi's mouth. 

Either way, it's not a real i4. He repaired another motherboard and he moved on. Good for him!

53 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Well sir that was very valid reason to come post your feelings. I appreciate that. 

With turning a laptop on in the fashion I saw in the video was running the ground from a multimeter across a bunch of pins to "spark up" a post from the board. I questioned the knowledge of the individual while seemingly he can remove a cpu from the board, but fails to know or find the exact pins he would need to power on a motherboard of a very basic laptop. Instead, basically scraped the ground lead across a bunch of pins instead. But who the F am I to judge? I generally just used the power button lol. 

It's good to see he enjoys the hobby. I cannot click his videos because I cannot understand them and will find it useless. (I watched some videos) This video was edited quite a bit, and just imagine turning off the sound (which I did) and just being able to concentrate on only what you see with your eyes. That's what it's like for us.

We got a title i4? and this video that 99% of westerners can't understand the words that are coming out of Laosi's mouth. 

Either way, it's not a real i4. He repaired another motherboard and he moved on. Good for him!

Much appreciated for all your effort to go the extra mile to find out the truth behind this CPU. I would imagine it's like a one in a million chance for a CUP being damaged this way. I couldn't find any other report online of same CPU error, so this might really be the only 'i4' in the whole world. The owner of this CUP may indeed be able to sell it for a handsome amount of money lol

By the way if there's English subtitle for this video, before looking more into this topic you may think this video is even more fake. Because in the beginning of the video Laosi joked like 'I got this i4 directly from Intel'. No he didn't get it from Intel. All Chinese viewers got his joke.

In Laosi's other videos he sometimes shared tips like 'give a 5v(12v etc.) between those 2 points does the same thing as...'. For us it may seem too complicated to turn on a laptop in his way. But it would be just as simple for him. In this case he very much likely just loosely put the laptop together for testing with only those essential cables connected. Just think about it's natural for you to use shift + delete to permanently delete a file, while a person who only started to use a computer may think it's too complicated to remember so many hot keys. Why not just right click the file and delete it. Then go to trash bin, right click and delete again

I love Louis Rossmann's channel and learned quite a bit knowledge which I may never use in my life lol. I am more impressed with what Laosi could do because half of the motherboards he fixed don't even have circuit diagram.

1 hour ago, Peacefulchaos said:

Much appreciated for all your effort to go the extra mile to find out the truth behind this CPU. I would imagine it's like a one in a million chance for a CUP being damaged this way. I couldn't find any other report online of same CPU error, so this might really be the only 'i4' in the whole world. The owner of this CUP may indeed be able to sell it for a handsome amount of money lol

By the way if there's English subtitle for this video, before looking more into this topic you may think this video is even more fake. Because in the beginning of the video Laosi joked like 'I got this i4 directly from Intel'. No he didn't get it from Intel. All Chinese viewers got his joke.

In Laosi's other videos he sometimes shared tips like 'give a 5v(12v etc.) between those 2 points does the same thing as...'. For us it may seem too complicated to turn on a laptop in his way. But it would be just as simple for him. In this case he very much likely just loosely put the laptop together for testing with only those essential cables connected. Just think about it's natural for you to use shift + delete to permanently delete a file, while a person who only started to use a computer may think it's too complicated to remember so many hot keys. Why not just right click the file and delete it. Then go to trash bin, right click and delete again

I love Louis Rossmann's channel and learned quite a bit knowledge which I may never use in my life lol. I am more impressed with what Laosi could do because half of the motherboards he fixed don't even have circuit diagram.

I've started a couple laptops in this fashion. Benched my Turion II with a couple different processors.  But I don't understand the multimeter really. Why does it need a load. Only complete the circuit, boom power on. 

To each their own my friend. We all do hardware differently.

However, I will say he is much more talented with a soldering iron than myself. I do more Arc and Mig welding than anything honestly.

LapTop_Startup_Gif.gif

On 4/20/2020 at 12:39 PM, Edward_Liao said:

This processor is real, you can see the CPU-Z information at 01:35 in the video, Stepping is 3, and Revision is C0. This means that this processor is a Qualification Sample processor. It is not uncommon for QS CPU to have errors.
The i4 processor is not the first time to appear, the i4-4690T processor has appeared "https://browser.geekbench.com/processors/2297" before. It is not uncommon to have a processor with a wrong logo. The "i7-5675C" processor has also appeared before

https://pic3.zhimg.com/80/v2-eba1027070b118d95ce842a244b138b2_720w.jpg

https://pic3.zhimg.com/80/v2-f5f98329922976aa5ceb124d2be88dfe_720w.jpg

My English is not very good, so this paragraph was written using Google Translate

这颗处理器是真实存在的,在视频的01:35处可以看见CPU-Z的信息,步进3,修订C0。这意味着这颗处理器是Qualification Sample处理器。而QS CPU出现错误并不罕见。
i4处理器不是第一次出现,i4-4690T处理器在之前已经出现“https://browser.geekbench.com/processors/2297”。出现标识错误的处理器也并不罕见,之前也已经出现过“i7-5675C”处理器

Stepping 3 Revision C0 is Final version, not QS. It just some error on CPUID area in CPU.

步进3 修订C0是正式版,不是QS。这个只是存放CPU型号的区域出现错误了。

-----------------------------

另外多嘴一句,不存在QS版本,从始至终都是叫ES (Engineer Sample),早期步进的ES不会显示型号,一般是0000代替。越接近正式版步进,越可能有显示型号,一般最后一版ES是和正式版同步进,会显示正确型号,CPUZ后缀带ES,这个是发给厂家做验证用的,也是常说的QS,但本质还是ES。

简单讲的话

ES不显=常说的ES

ES正显=常说的QS

ES QS这个是被淘宝商家给带歪了,他们这么叫方便区分和定价,但把真正叫法给带错了...