intel i4?

The original start up was version 3.66 bios revision, then the one you just posted is version 3.57.

As I had mentioned, I smelled bios tampering in the first place.

It's really not that hard to get a bios or cpu-z to read things incorrectly. A simple mistake in the tampering to unlock code for support of different processors is pretty common practice. I'm not seeing anything new besides a click bait deal here.

If the CPU had a stamping that looked like ES or engineering sample, this whole thing would look quite a bit more interesting. 

But since this CPU is known as i5, Intel has never made an even numbers series processors, there's really nothing more to see here than a misreport possible from tampering with the bios. 

hahah, he just the guy who fix the laptop.

He said in his video that the laptop was one of his client sent him maybe he doesnt know what was happening, so in his video he showed he swap the CPU to different computer and the situation was the same. 

He is a funny guy btw and like joking a lot

7 minutes ago, ALTGR3 said:

hahah, he just the guy who fix the laptop.

He said in his video that the laptop was one of his client sent him maybe he doesnt know what was happening, so in his video he showed he swap the CPU to different computer and the situation was the same. 

He is a funny guy btw and like joking a lot

I'm sure he's a great guy!! Good to have humor. 

But it's all very misleading. Everyone that knows, knows this is not a real deal.

He should at least caption the fact this is a misread and not a possible real processor. 

If that is captioned, that's good, I just can't read it.

😇

2 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Yes, but would only need to use a single 2 pins, not run the ground across all the pins and have a positive lead to the USB port??? (Where does the positive lead go? The multimeter? For what for?>

I've never seen anything like it mate. I've powered on quite a few PCs in my time, including laptops, that my friend is not a way I've ever seen before.

I try to respect what I can see vs what I know. This here, I can't view as a legitimate way to power on a laptop..... especially when all the parts are there to power it on properly. 

he powered on the pc with multimeter btw,if u go to he‘s other videos u will see how he does all the things

• CPU
    i7 8086K @5.3Ghz
  • Motherboard
    AORUS Z390I PRO WIFI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX DDR4 4000Mhz 8GBx2 @4266Mhz
  • GPU
    GIGABYTE GTX 1660 OC Dual Fan @1800Mhz + RTX 2080(solving thermal issue)
  • Case
    Fractal Design Node 202
  • Storage
    10TB Seagate External+4TB Seagate Barracuda+2TB SAMSUNG QVO SSD+256GB Intel 760P+16GB Intel Optane
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650GM
  • Display(s)
    AOC C24G1 144hz
  • Cooling
    Cryorig C7 custom Full Copper Graphene Coating + 2x3000RPM 120mm + 2x1500RPM 120mm

This processor is real, you can see the CPU-Z information at 01:35 in the video, Stepping is 3, and Revision is C0. This means that this processor is a Qualification Sample processor. It is not uncommon for QS CPU to have errors.
The i4 processor is not the first time to appear, the i4-4690T processor has appeared "https://browser.geekbench.com/processors/2297" before. It is not uncommon to have a processor with a wrong logo. The "i7-5675C" processor has also appeared before

https://pic3.zhimg.com/80/v2-eba1027070b118d95ce842a244b138b2_720w.jpg

https://pic3.zhimg.com/80/v2-f5f98329922976aa5ceb124d2be88dfe_720w.jpg

My English is not very good, so this paragraph was written using Google Translate

这颗处理器是真实存在的,在视频的01:35处可以看见CPU-Z的信息,步进3,修订C0。这意味着这颗处理器是Qualification Sample处理器。而QS CPU出现错误并不罕见。
i4处理器不是第一次出现,i4-4690T处理器在之前已经出现“https://browser.geekbench.com/processors/2297”。出现标识错误的处理器也并不罕见,之前也已经出现过“i7-5675C”处理器

4 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said: 4小时前,虾伯里姆说:

Legit? Did you watch the way he power up that laptop. Was it 43 seconds in??

合法吗? 你有没有看到他打开电脑的样子? 是不是43秒?

And then watch the Cpu fan just straight stop spinning. That board was off the entire video.

然后看着 Cpu 风扇直接停止旋转,那块电路板已经关闭了整个视频。

Tons and tons of cut scenes.

大量的过场动画。

I saw nothing legit here. Looks like a simple bios modification, Cpu displays incorrectly and done deal. This would not be a first time a bios read a cpu wrongly either. 

我在这里看不到任何合法的东西。 看起来像一个简单的 bios 修改,Cpu 显示不正确,完成处理。 这也不是 bios 第一次读错 cpu 了。

Pretty much FAF here, I don't have much else to say really.

这里基本上都是 FAF,我真的没什么好说的了。

CraftyGrizzledBergerpicard-max-1mb.gif.e5c832356d2c953457ee515a753295c9.gif

You should not understand Chinese, so you do n’t know what the people in the video do. He is a very powerful computer repairer, and the videos he uploaded on YouTube are the process of repairing his computer. This "i4" is only the most special one among the many computers he repaired, so he deliberately put the cpu into other computers to test, and it still shows "i4"

1 hour ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I'm sure he's a great guy!! Good to have humor. 

But it's all very misleading. Everyone that knows, knows this is not a real deal.

He should at least caption the fact this is a misread and not a possible real processor. 

If that is captioned, that's good, I just can't read it.

😇

im pretty sure he just want to share the experience with the “i4” reporting error instead of proofing that intel did actually made real i4, he did try to proof it’s not the bios nor the motherboards problem by putting new i5 into the original laptop and putting the “i4” into a new computer. in the video, he‘s experience is completely true and half of he’s video is joking including “intel sent this to me” and “this is gonna worth more than i9 9900k”

i think the video is true and at least himself is not editing the bios because he is one of the well known laptop repair guy in China across multiple video platforms, because of that, I trust he’s video

also there are a ton of ppl dissing u under the comments of the video with the link of this thread

• CPU
    i7 8086K @5.3Ghz
  • Motherboard
    AORUS Z390I PRO WIFI
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    Fractal Design Node 202
  • Storage
    10TB Seagate External+4TB Seagate Barracuda+2TB SAMSUNG QVO SSD+256GB Intel 760P+16GB Intel Optane
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650GM
  • Display(s)
    AOC C24G1 144hz
  • Cooling
    Cryorig C7 custom Full Copper Graphene Coating + 2x3000RPM 120mm + 2x1500RPM 120mm

20 minutes ago, lkymlly said:

You should not understand Chinese, so you do n’t know what the people in the video do. He is a very powerful computer repairer, and the videos he uploaded on YouTube are the process of repairing his computer. This "i4" is only the most special one among the many computers he repaired, so he deliberately put the cpu into other computers to test, and it still shows "i4"

往后看,他说了误会他不知道万用表另一边接usb能开机,他以为电脑根本没开屏幕是ps的

• CPU
    i7 8086K @5.3Ghz
  • Motherboard
    AORUS Z390I PRO WIFI
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    Fractal Design Node 202
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650GM
  • Display(s)
    AOC C24G1 144hz
  • Cooling

44 minutes ago, OLU said:

im pretty sure he just want to share the experience with the “i4” reporting error instead of proofing that intel did actually made real i4, he did try to proof it’s not the bios nor the motherboards problem by putting new i5 into the original laptop and putting the “i4” into a new computer. in the video, he‘s experience is completely true and half of he’s video is joking including “intel sent this to me” and “this is gonna worth more than i9 9900k”

i think the video is true and at least himself is not editing the bios because he is one of the well known laptop repair guy in China across multiple video platforms, because of that, I trust he’s video

also there are a ton of ppl dissing u under the comments of the video with the link of this thread

It's ok. I'm not here to get people mad, but dig out the truth behind the deal.

Is it really a true blue Intel ** i 4 ** processor. NO.

Is it being portrayed as such, yes. Unfortunately. 

What's even more funny to my opinion, is that I'm getting as much publicity out of this deal as the young man that made the video. Cool.

18 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

It's ok. I'm not here to get people mad, but dig out the truth behind the deal.

Is it really a true blue Intel ** i 4 ** processor. NO.

Is it being portrayed as such, yes. Unfortunately. 

What's even more funny to my opinion, is that I'm getting as much publicity out of this deal as the young man that made the video. Cool.

The reason why so many people here got mad is that you kept questioning again and again without certain knowledge on repairing laptops and the Chinese language and showed no respect to the uploader. He was just joking that he received the exclusive Intel i4 CPU, and most people with little knowledge should understand that it is just an error during manufacturing.

4 minutes ago, Bustycat said:

The reason why so many people here got mad is that you kept questioning again and again without certain knowledge on repairing laptops and the Chinese language and showed no respect to the uploader. He was just joking that he received the exclusive Intel i4 CPU, and most people with little knowledge should understand that it is just an error during manufacturing.

Yes I understand that now, thank you.

But that is why I had said there is a communication error. 

You see in the first page?? Midwestern boy actually googled if an i4 even existed. 

🤣

1 hour ago, Edward_Liao said:

This processor is real, you can see the CPU-Z information at 01:35 in the video, Stepping is 3, and Revision is C0. This means that this processor is a Qualification Sample processor. It is not uncommon for QS CPU to have errors.
The i4 processor is not the first time to appear, the i4-4690T processor has appeared "https://browser.geekbench.com/processors/2297" before. It is not uncommon to have a processor with a wrong logo. The "i7-5675C" processor has also appeared before

https://pic3.zhimg.com/80/v2-eba1027070b118d95ce842a244b138b2_720w.jpg

https://pic3.zhimg.com/80/v2-f5f98329922976aa5ceb124d2be88dfe_720w.jpg

My English is not very good, so this paragraph was written using Google Translate

这颗处理器是真实存在的,在视频的01:35处可以看见CPU-Z的信息,步进3,修订C0。这意味着这颗处理器是Qualification Sample处理器。而QS CPU出现错误并不罕见。
i4处理器不是第一次出现,i4-4690T处理器在之前已经出现“https://browser.geekbench.com/processors/2297”。出现标识错误的处理器也并不罕见,之前也已经出现过“i7-5675C”处理器

That's a good argument.

But what do you see wrong in the picture?

Oh heck I'll tell you:

Somehow, Cpu-z forgot the Intel was a Registered Trade Mark. Even with ES chips, cpu-z knows the cpu is a registered trade mark. 

No tamper?

1657811942_i4comparisonpicture.thumb.png.bf3178e17e1fdad2fbc5776d600933da.png

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

That's a good argument.

But what do you see wrong in the picture?

Oh heck I'll tell you:

Somehow, Cpu-z forgot the Intel was a Registered Trade Mark. Even with ES chips, cpu-z knows the cpu is a registered trade mark. 

No tamper?

1657811942_i4comparisonpicture.thumb.png.bf3178e17e1fdad2fbc5776d600933da.png

It could be simply an encoding issue from CPU-Z that it cannot display some characters correctly when the system language is simplified Chinese.

1 minute ago, Bustycat said:

It could be simply an encoding issue from CPU-Z that it cannot display some characters correctly when the system language is simplified Chinese.

True. Same goes for the 4 being in place of the 5 ;) 

and that's all exactly what my point is in the first place.

4 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

OK I digress, he did what he had to do.

Check this out! Totally explainable.

Reads Max TDP 3529 watts of POWER

tzhjav.png.fa4955a38fe9e66877260d04089b10e3.png

Oh yea almost forgot.....

This version of Cpu-z displayed the Cpu ID number, in this case 29 and the Max TDP as 35. Here the numbers are smashed together under the W. 

I can't believe someone can argue about how he power on the laptop.

The reason why this method work is that connector is for the power button. But he don't know which pin is for the power switch, so he run across all the pins, simple.

Most of the power switches work by shorting the pwr_sw pin with the ground pin, and the gound pin connects to a lot of things such as USB port's shield, screw holes and battery negative pin.

You don't believe it? Just tear down your laptop, try it for yourself and come here to beat me.

Also, this guy replaced a legit i5-4210M to the same motherboard and the BIOS shows i5-4210M correctly.

There has been a discussion on Chinese video website. Most reliable guess is Intel forgot to disconnect a fuse which have to do with the CPUID, to make its ASCII number become 0b00110100 instead of 0b00110101.

In this case, the core must be i5 for sure, and everyone should've know that. It just a manufacture glitch and not a BS for making videos. His channel is all about laptop fixing, not showing off anything. If you understand Chinese Mandarin you will see.

3 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

True. Same goes for the 4 being in place of the 5

The language code issue only happens if there are some special characters that not included in the Chinese character set. But numbers are not in this case.

Here's the proof by the way (on my own PC) :

QQ截图20200420172942.jpg

4 hours ago, 174929851 said:

B站老哥前来围观

巧了,我特意google了i4然后来老莱这里

Someday there will be i8 and everyone will believe that Lie-nus is correct.

我说我是中国人你们信吗(巧了我也是在b站看了老斯视频来的

Lol I watched the video and googled the chip and came to this as well. It's pretty obviously a manufacturing defect on the chip itself. Honestly its kinda amusing to see people trying so hard to prove that it is a hoax. If this is all for clicks he would have tried to fake an i11, plenty of sites would have picked it up. Trying to fake some 7 year old hardware makes zero sense.

p.s. As for how he turns on the laptop...seriously is that really a debate here.

Everyone can check out his other videos ,he always power up laptop with multimeter.