5700 XT - Red Devil vs Thicc III vs Nitro+

ftahir192

Have returned my Gigabyte 2070 super because of a really poor fan implementation, and the next decent AIB card is a good £80 over, so I'm going to take this opportunity to just buy a 5700 XT which I should have done in the first place. The main thing that put me off was driver issues, but it looks like most of this has been fixed now?

I'm struggling to find info that compares the 3 (can find info that compares the Red Devil and Nitro+ easily). They're 3 different price points:

Thicc iii - £390

Red devil - £428

Nitro+ £441

Does anybody have any experience with the Thicc III and would recommend it? I'm looking for something ideally with good 0db fan implementation (or just really silent fans?) because fan noise bothers me.

Any advice between the 3 is much appreciated.

Just now, yaboistar said:

Thicc has a very choking cooler on it - GNSteve did an excellent review (of all 3 perhaps, iirc).

Red Devil and Nitro+ are two very good cards. Since the RD is a bit cheaper, you might as well go for that one

i'll update this comment if i can find the video i'm looking for

The review Steve from GN did was for the Thicc II, which yes was terrible. But the Thicc III was given a design overhaul and I don't think Steve has reviewed that one

1 minute ago, yaboistar said:

i mean, if it's got the issues they pointed out resolved i don't see why not but frankly i'd rather take the red dragon anyway

Okay. I guess the red dragon and sapphire nitro are well reviewed so may as well spend the extra for a product I know is good. I've found a sapphire nitro for around the same price as the red devil so I guess at that stage, it's just what looks good right?

I feel that Sapphire have better customer support though, and their TriXX software looks cool