GPU is not using 100%

Hey everyone,

i have Asus Fx553VD laptop

specs: Intel i7 7700HQ 2.80GHz

Nvidia Gtx 1050 ti mobile GDDR5 @ 4Gb (128-bit)

8 Gb Ram

For past couple of months i am having this problem of getting low fps in Apex Legends like i used to get 45+ fps in med settings but now i am getting 10 fps with the lowest setting. I have run Unigine Superposition Benchmark and there the gpu utilization is fluctuating between 10% to 40% only. i am not able to play any kind of game because for this lag. 

i have done factory reset and my drivers are all up to date. Can anyone help me regarding it? 

What kind of temps are you getting during benchmarks and gaming sessions? 

Just saying if you live in any apartment with high  amount of dust particles in air your laptop's air holes and fans can get clogged with dust after few months. I didn't clean my old gaming laptop for 6 months and CPU almost died because it was filled with burned dust and cooling pads were worn out.

Also check that you don't have any eco mode or power safe on. 

Gaming PC

MBO: MSI B450M MORTAR MAX           CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600        CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 3060ti TUF OC 8GB,        RAM: Kingston 16GB (2 x 8GB) HyperX Fury DDR4 3200Mhz,

Storage: Samsung SSD 980 1TB  &   WD Blue 1 TB SSD

PSU: Corsair 650W RM650x (2018)       Case: Kolink Citadel Mesh Matx     Case Fans: 3x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM 120mm

23 minutes ago, Zelenia said:

What kind of temps are you getting during benchmarks and gaming sessions? 

Just saying if you live in any apartment with high  amount of dust particles in air your laptop's air holes and fans can get clogged with dust after few months. I didn't clean my old gaming laptop for 6 months and CPU almost died because it was filled with burned dust and cooling pads were worn out.

Also check that you don't have any eco mode or power safe on. 

My thermals are varying from 68-83 degrees Celsius. but this happened recently like my gpu is not able to reach 100% utilization. It starts with 99% then after some time it get backs to 10% then fluctuating between 15 to 25% thus dropping my frame rate to 10 or 12 fps.  

Driver issue possibly?

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600x - GPU - XFX RX 5700xt Thicc iii - RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200 8gb x 4 -

PSU - Corsair 750rm Gold - MOBO - Aorus b450 Pro - CASE - NZXT h510 Elite - AIO - NZXT Kraken x63 280mm

DISPLAY - HKC 34" 1440p 100hz Ultrawide & Samsung 27" Overhead. 

I don't know your GPU, but my GPU (RTX 970 desktop) stops boosting at 80c and begins to throttle if it doesn't cool.

I would check taskmanager see what is running in the background;

Then check start up; see what is starting up (look for those 'Automatic (delayed)' that screw you over;

See if anything in windows is a problem;

If not, get DDU (Display Driver Uninstall), remove the drivers, re-install and see if that fixes it;

Get HW Monitor or MSI Afterburner, see what your card is actually doing when under load and see what is happening to the rest of the machine.  See if that reveals anything to you.

Uninstalled nvidia drivers from DDU. Re-installed new driver from nvidia. 

Although i have noticed that whenever my temp reaches to 78+ degree Celsius the gpu reduces utilization hence screwing up frames. Its temperature issue. i guess  

14 hours ago, Dravinianv2 said:

I don't know your GPU, but my GPU (RTX 970 desktop) stops boosting at 80c and begins to throttle if it doesn't cool.

I would check taskmanager see what is running in the background;

Then check start up; see what is starting up (look for those 'Automatic (delayed)' that screw you over;

See if anything in windows is a problem;

If not, get DDU (Display Driver Uninstall), remove the drivers, re-install and see if that fixes it;

Get HW Monitor or MSI Afterburner, see what your card is actually doing when under load and see what is happening to the rest of the machine.  See if that reveals anything to you.

i figured out its with temperature. I am getting 84 at max temp which is screwing up the fps. Although i have undervolted my gpu with afterburner and put a cap of 30 fps with RTSS.