Recent Upgrade

Go to solution Solved by Matt1632,
20 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

yeah, you'll be fine, just update bios before. I would go for a 3600 non-x if you have a cooler already, the difference between x and non-x is the stock cooler.

thanks for the advice, I'll follow it

I have a 240hz monitor and a new rtx2080 graphics card (I decided to splurge as I had just had birthday money from my 18th and my rx580 died on me). I am still running my system from 2017 with a AMD 1500x, 16GB ddr4 3600, & a b350 motherboard. Do I need to update my motherboard before I get a new CPU (thinking ryzen 3600x). If a bios update is needed how easy is that to approach and a have a 212 evo atm, will that need upgrading for a 3600x?

Matthew Gilbride

8 minutes ago, Matt1632 said:

I have a 240hz monitor and a new rtx2080 graphics card (I decided to splurge as I had just had birthday money from my 18th and my rx580 died on me). I am still running my system from 2017 with a AMD 1500x, 16GB ddr4 3600, & a b350 motherboard. Do I need to update my motherboard before I get a new CPU (thinking ryzen 3600x). If a bios update is needed how easy is that to approach and a have a 212 evo atm, will that need upgrading for a 3600x?

So the bios will not be that hard to do just look up a youtube video on how to do it. As for your cooler it should be good. Here is a video of the b350 running a 3rd gen ryzen processor.

yeah, you'll be fine, just update bios before. I would go for a 3600 non-x if you have a cooler already, the difference between x and non-x is the stock cooler.

21 minutes ago, tank234 said:

So the bios will not be that hard to do just look up a youtube video on how to do it. As for your cooler it should be good. Here is a video of the b350 running a 3rd gen ryzen processor.

thanks so much

Matthew Gilbride

20 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

thanks for the advice, I'll follow it

Matthew Gilbride