Boot Loop

Remy D. Marquis

Hi Guys,

I have been facing this problem for a while now.

I used to run my desktop PC Windows 10 on 2 WD SSD 500 GB on RAID 0. I faced crashes and it appears that one of the drives in the array was faulty. Doesn't matter, I thought. So I took it out and reinstalled everything and it worked for about a week or so on the "not" broken SSD. The broken one I put in my laptop and was working like a charm.

The problem came back, crashes and then boot loops. I tried creating an image, same thing. restoring and resets, same thing.

The BIOS would sometimes act weird when this happens and it just won't read the array at all. Settings would be all messed up for no apparent reason. when the BIOS acts up I load defaults and reconfigure my settings and it would work for a while and boom AGAIN.

I checked both SSDs on another PC and did a full format on both and they came up perfect. Also, the write cycles are still in the 3 TB. NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THEM.

I spent the whole day dismantling the PC and cleaning and checking if there was a short or anything but I didn't find anything at all. I put everything back together and created a new RAID0 with both perfect SSDs and installed windows 10. After I restarted it for installing some drivers, I got those annoying boot loops again. And again I tried to get it to run and it nothing, just a loop of starting, diagnosing PC, and Automatic repair and it is stuck there.

I just reinstalled Windows 10  again in hopes this fixes it but I don't think that's gonna work honestly. I believe there is an issue with the motherboard but I have no way of confirming it.

Troubleshooting done:

*Changed SATA cables

*Run on single SSD and RAID0

*Run full diagnostics on the system and drives

*Run Windows with nothing but essentials installed "drivers and a few applications only"

*BIOS upgraded to the latest version and been running on it since it released, not many issues until this.

Specs:

• CPU
    Intel Core-i7 6700K
  • Motherboard
    Asus Maximus Hero VIII
  • RAM
    16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX GTX1080 ti OC Edition
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos II
  • Storage
    Many H.D.Ds
  • PSU
    Cooler Master GX V2 750W 80+ Bronze
  • Display(s)
    LG 34UC79G
  • Cooling
    Corsair H115i
  • Keyboard
    Microsoft Sidewinder X6
  • Mouse
    Logitech G600
  • Sound
    7.1 Surround
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

EDIT: for some weird reason when this problem started, booting became horrible no matter what the setup was, single drive or RAID0. It became way too slow like a normal HDD which is very strange.

After I restarted it for installing some drivers, I got those annoying boot loops again.

Define "some drivers",

Drivers for what?

The GPU and motherboard drivers.

They are not the issue as far as I know because they are the latest and been using them for at least a year, there is no update for them and never caused problems before. The only new driver is the GPU driver right now.