3 Monitor display

Timothyyyy

Hi everyone! I would like to connect my Dell E5470 laptop to three identical monitors. My laptop has one VGA port, one HDMI port and 3 USB ports. I am currently looked up with 2 monitors taking the 1 HDMI port and 1 VGA port. Which product will I need to connect to three monitors. Will a USB to VGA and HDMI adaptor cable to external Graphic card external work? 

11 minutes ago, tank234 said:

I mean I guess that works because amazon sells them

I don't think you can just use any old USB port to get a video signal though right? 

2 hours ago, tank234 said:

I mean I guess that works because amazon sells them.

2 hours ago, merco said:

I don't think you can just use any old USB port to get a video signal though right? 

First one is USB to Serial adapter.... Second will most likely work.

@Timothyyyy, unless you are on tight budget, I would suggest looking at USB3 docking station with as many video outputs as you need. Those start at $80, so its not cheap fix.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Would all depend on how much you are looking to spend, you could probably get a decent dell d3100 or d6000 dock off of eBay.

You may also be able to charge your laptop of this, and connect mouse and keyboard, turning it into a one cable dock for easy convenience.

I have searched all over ebay and most of the selections were USB type 3 ports to HDMI for around 50 CAD - 90 CAD, so I I decided to go with a mini dock from best buy. Thank you everybody for the response and input.