Business lines uk internet

florianerb

Hello,

Im looking to upgrade my internet in London, UK. At the moment I only get 12mbs down and a bit less then 1mbs up. I run a small business from home. A small media production company mainly uploading videos and live streams and I game a bit on the side. At the moment I’m with sky for broadband and we have a FTTC and an ADSL connection to the home. I have tried a few different solutions to the problem, I have tried contacting all providers in my area and due to living on a private unmade up road, most just wanted to have me sign up on there “I’m interested page” or just told me no. I also went down the path of doing a community driven install with a company which with the prices they had given me and people in my areas, I could not get pushed though.

My main and only option seems to be having a lease line. I had some quotes done but each quote was at different price point and use different methods. I Ideally don’t want to pay more than £300 a month but can stretch it if its worth the money. The company and prices where:

virgin media business - as far as I’m aware its not a fibre connect but uses the tv signal line - 3 year contract

• 100mbs - £276
  • 200mbs - £336
  • 300mbs - £396
  • 500mbs - £456
  • 1gbs - £576

Talk talk - This was a Ethernet first mile connection - 3 year contract

• 300mbs - £377.30
  • 1gbs - £418.34

Bt business - This was a normal fibre connection - 5 year contract

• 100mb - £537.60
  • 500mb -£591.24
  • 1gbs-£650.40

All are 1gbs lines, with symmetrical up and download speed so they all have room to grow with my business. So my question, is there any other option I can go with? My feeling at the moment is go with Virgin media business as they are the cheapest and if I need to grow they have the speeds and prices to match. Has anyone had any experience with business lines in the uk any advice?