I am trying to up grade my psu so i can fit a gpu

bbqboi

I have chosen a gpu, a afx rx 570 8 gb xxx and i am pretty sure it will fit, it being 9.5 in long and the room i have to play with being 10 in long. I am trying to decide what psu i need. It's size right now is 7in x 7in x 6in, i have 3 devices conned over sata. the mother board being a dell la0531. and the pc its self being a dell optiplex 9010. 

inside the pc.jpg

Check out this mod I did of a 7010, looks to use an identical chassis

The PSU I have is crap so don't copy that decision but if you choose a CX450, which is a lot smaller, you can squeeze it in no problem. Note that I had to bend the PSU bracket on the left down so that I could slide the unit in at an angle, and I also had to cut off the plastic piece used to open the case from the panel lever, which I replaced with a plunger on the left. Additionally, the rivet holding the hard drive bay on the right can be drilled wider, and you can attach a 120mm fan in the front with one screw for additional airflow. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Thank you for telling me this i was worried that i would have to find a psu that was the exact size of the old one 

3 minutes ago, bbqboi said:

Thank you for telling me this i was worried that i would have to find a psu that was the exact size of the old one 

I will say, if you have the patience to take the motherboard out, inserting a new PSU would not require the modifications that I did. (except for bending the one metal bracket, possibly.)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

i do have another question though. I found this evga 400 (the power isn't my concern b/c i only need a little more power) do you think it would fit in my build? 

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Warranty-Power-Supply-100-N1-0400-L1/dp/B00LV8TZAG/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=evga&qid=1587150978&refinements=p_36%3A1253504011&rnid=386442011&s=electronics&sr=1-1&th=1

EVGA's low end power supplies have their fair share of problems. If you want to see how low you should go, check out the PSU tier list. Click the power supply in my signature below, and target a tier B power supply.

Primary PC: