Nvidia Graphics Driver Causing Issues

Fluffegan

So about a week ago I had an issue with my laptop (Dell G3 3590) where my graphics driver would not work. I reinstalled it from the Nvidia site (GeForce GTX 1060 Ti) and everything went back to normal. Today, while playing some Destiny 2 I encounter the error code: Chive, which on the bungie.net website means that there is an issue with the graphics driver. Not in the mood to reinstall it all over again, I just restart my laptop to see if that fixes the issue. It doesn't. As I try to open the Nvidia Control Panel it won't open because "An Nvidia graphics card was not detected in your system." I didn't even uninstall the graphics driver, it just disappeared. 

I then go to the Nvidia site to reinstall the graphics driver, selecting the exact same one as the last time. But after the compatibility test, it says that my version of Windows is not compatible with it. I try installing the notebook version of the same driver, with the same results. I try launching GeForce Experience, as it should detect missing drivers in my system, but its not even on my laptop. 

I'm kind of freaking out right now, I've only had this laptop since December, if anyone knows how to solve this issue, your help is much appreciated. Will resetting my PC work? 

The first step is to use DDU to unistall your old drivers and then install the newest drivers.

use ddu to completely uninstall the drivers and try again with the drivers from the dell website

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

use ddu to completely uninstall the drivers and try again with the drivers from the dell website

What's DDU? 

Also I don't know where to reinstall them from the Dell site...

10 minutes ago, Fluffegan said:

What's DDU? 

Also I don't know where to reinstall them from the Dell site...

google ddu. it's a sotware that properly uninstalls drivers. go to the dell website to support, go to downlaods and search for your laptop model and there should be drivers there

47 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

google ddu. it's a sotware that properly uninstalls drivers. go to the dell website to support, go to downlaods and search for your laptop model and there should be drivers there

I used DDU to wipe my Nvidia graphics drivers and just reinstalled them from the main site. Thanks so much!