£629 for RTX 2080 TI on Amazon - Is this a good deal?

Major Hippo

Heres the link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HNRKP7Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These cards are apparently used - like new, whic means the card should be fine but there my be problems with the original box and so on. Is this a really good deal? I was debating getting a 2080TI for around £1200 or waiting for the new GPU's. But at £629 its not hitting the bank as hard and letting me save more for future upgrades. Advice?

6 minutes ago, Major Hippo said:

Heres the link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HNRKP7Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These cards are apparently used - like new, whic means the card should be fine but there my be problems with the original box and so on. Is this a really good deal? I was debating getting a 2080TI for around £1200 or waiting for the new GPU's. But at £629 its not hitting the bank as hard and letting me save more for future upgrades. Advice?

i don't know... that price is really good, maybe too good to be true. but amazon has an excellent service so you might try this..

Scam.

Seller has no ratings.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

if you look the 600 pound one is actually a used card, but if it does not work amazon will facilitate refunds if the seller has committed fraud or miss-labelled the product as working so go for it, i would benchmark it to make sure that it actually has 2080TI performance once you get it just to make sure its not a BIOS flashed cheaper card.
EDIT:  though as Andreas said it could be a scam, i have been scammed on amazon before when i bought a 3900x but at least i now know they will actually help you if you do get scammed 

16 minutes ago, HarvDaMan said:

if you look the 600 pound one is actually a used card, but if it does not work amazon will facilitate refunds if the seller has committed fraud or miss-labelled the product as working so go for it, i would benchmark it to make sure that it actually has 2080TI performance once you get it just to make sure its not a BIOS flashed cheaper card.
EDIT:  though as Andreas said it could be a scam, i have been scammed on amazon before when i bought a 3900x but at least i now know they will actually help you if you do get scammed 

Thanks for the advice, I went ahead and got it because they're selling fast and when I get i'll test it to make sure. Amazon is usually pretty good tho, so here's hoping :)

4 minutes ago, Major Hippo said:

Thanks for the advice, I went ahead and got it because they're selling fast and when I get i'll test it to make sure. Amazon is usually pretty good tho, so here's hoping :)

You're wasting your time.

1) the deal is too good to be true

2) seller has no ratings, is new

3) address seems made up

Also the fact that he has more than one in stock...

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

45 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

You're wasting your time.

1) the deal is too good to be true

2) seller has no ratings, is new

3) address seems made up

Also the fact that he has more than one in stock...

The address actually doesn't seem made up. I google maps'ed it, and found it. Google maps also showed the same company. They had a site where they appeared to sell stuff, including an iPhone.

Now, I don't mean to guarantee that it's actually legit, but if it isn't, they have at least put some effort into it. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7