Scots, Roll In!

ixi_your_face

Since there's a Scandiwegian, Canadian and the French have all some one. Here's ours!

We should all introduce ourselves, And maybe we can try to grab deals that affect us when they're still viable by throwing them in this thread.

I'll start.  I'm from Glasgow originally, brought up in Johnstone and now live in the Trossachs. Still haven't got a chukter accent though!

Also, if it suits you all. out of interest, where do you lot stand with independance?

sQhnlnw.jpg

And your 10 favourite and least favourite things about this cold, embittered, wet, windy, stubborn country!

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

But...But...But...What if I'm not from there?

(Still waiting for somebody to make an U.S.A. one so I can stop posting that.)

It's coo, Delons. You're always welcome here!

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

I'm welcome here and in Sweden lol.

Just so long as you can appease the Unicorn, you're fine.

The_unicorn_on_the_Mercat_Cross_Edinburg

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Also, if it suits you all. out of interest, where do you lot stand with independance?

sQhnlnw.jpg

I'm obviously no Scotsman, but I am following developments closely as I and any other Norwegians will be eager to help you with expertise regarding oil extraction if you do get independence. I hope for your sake that you do, Scotland seems way too proud a heritage to get stifled by London to the degree you are. Hell, Scot and Norwegian DNA is practically the same, on account for all those viking raids over there (sorry about that) that the Norwegian vikings pulled on you :(

It is more natural for Scotland to be part of, and in cooperation with, Scandinavia rather than Britain, we have so much more in common as both cultures and resources.

Hell, a joint Football league system for Scotland + all of Scandinavia could be amazing :P

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I'm obviously no Scotsman, but I am following developments closely as I and any other Norwegians will be eager to help you with expertise regarding oil extraction if you do get independence. I hope for your sake that you do, Scotland seems way too proud a heritage to get stifled by London to the degree you are. Hell, Scot and Norwegian DNA is practically the same, on account for all those viking raids over there (sorry about that) that the Norwegian vikings pulled on you :(

It is more natural for Scotland to be part of, and in cooperation with, Scandinavia rather than Britain, we have so much more in common as both cultures and resources.

Hell, a joint Football league system for Scotland + all of Scandinavia could be amazing :P

Agreed sir! I'd much rather be called Scandiwegian than British any day. I know i'm voting yes. Because nothing would change, other than we'd finally get to control ourselves rather than london imposing things like the bedroom tax on us.

On the topic of the raids, 'tis all water under the 1219 year old bridge!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I always wanted to visit the Orkneys and Shetland but I'm afraid I will get mistaken for a raider and end up having to pillage everything to be left alone :P

At least the ferry from Norway to the mainland of Scotland is really cheap, one day I'll go over there and watch a Rangers - Celtics game. Just for the atmosphere.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I always wanted to visit the Orkneys and Shetland but I'm afraid I will get mistaken for a raider and end up having to pillage everything to be left alone :P

At least the ferry from Norway to the mainland of Scotland is really cheap, one day I'll go over there and watch a Rangers - Celtics game. Just for the atmosphere.

Just make sure not to get stuck in a brawl! How much is the ferry? That sounds like a nice weekend trip. Reverse the pillaging :P

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Aye im from aberdeenshire, although living in wales for university! Im used to speaking without a much of an accent but i slip straight back into it nae bother when i go home for holidays! The weathers much better here but i prefer being at home in scotland, mainly cos i live in the middle of nowhere, i like the countryside.

3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750

ohai mr. single malt of awesome.

Oct11-TyndrumGold-I-2.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Aye im from aberdeenshire, although living in wales for university! Im used to speaking without a much of an accent but i slip straight back into it nae bother when i go home for holidays! The weathers much better here but i prefer being at home in scotland, mainly cos i live in the middle of nowhere, i like the countryside.

I'm out in the middle of nowhere anall! Although, you could say anywhere in Scotland is the middle a' naewhere

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

ohai mr. single malt of awesome.

I would yell at you for posting such a large pic, but it's too beautiful and eyewatering  :o

Just make sure not to get stuck in a brawl! How much is the ferry? That sounds like a nice weekend trip. Reverse the pillaging :P

I believe the ferry is 400 NOK on foot, which pretty much amounts to 6 beers on the nightlife in Norway, or a small submarine anywhere else*

*lol, actually it's only about £44.

I would yell at you for posting such a large pic, but it's too beautiful and eyewatering  :o

I believe the ferry is 400 NOK on foot, which pretty much amounts to 6 beers on the nightlife in Norway, or a small submarine anywhere else*

*lol, actually it's only about £44.

Damn! 

Looks like i've got my summer holidays sorted, maybe!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

i'm not familiar with exactly WHY Scotland is trying to leave the U.K, so could a real Scotsman tell me whats going on?

I'm out in the middle of nowhere anall! Although, you could say anywhere in Scotland is the middle a' naewhere

Haha, canna beat it! i love goin oot in the motorbike, takin the dogs for a walk, all that stuff! Cant wait for summer!

3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750

i'm not familiar with exactly WHY Scotland is trying to leave the U.K, so could a real Scotsman tell me whats going on?

We're fed up with it all. And we want to rule ourselves, rather than being ruled by a bunch of englishmen in london who have no idea of our needs and impose laws like the bedroom tax (which nobody voted for up here) on us. And many other reasons.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Haha, canna beat it! i love goin oot in the motorbike, takin the dogs for a walk, all that stuff! Cant wait for summer!

Going a good walk up and around the lochs, jumping off the Luss pier into Loch Lomond. Best feeling ever.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

well could you give a few instances of shit thats happened recently?

just googled bedroom tax. lol WTF?

Well for instance, Scotland is believed to have huge reserves of oil and gas outside it's shores, and Britain isn't even bothering to test drill. Thus, Scotland is largely dependent on import of oil and gas (mostly from Norway, in fact the largest submerged gas pipe in the world stretches from Norway to Scotland) when they could have their own. Naturally, if Scotland had independence, they could have these vast resources to themselves.

That's only one example, but there are many more, basically it all boils down to Scotland being largely forgotten by London in development plans etc. and Scotland really needs to brush up it's infrastructure.

Well for instance, Scotland is believed to have huge reserves of oil and gas outside it's shores, and Britain isn't even bothering to test drill. Thus, Scotland is largely dependent on import of oil and gas (mostly from Norway, in fact the largest submerged gas pipe in the world stretches from Norway to Scotland) when they could have their own. Naturally, if Scotland had independence, they could have these vast resources to themselves.

That's only one example, but there are many more, basically it all boils down to Scotland being largely forgotten by London in development plans etc. and Scotland really needs to brush up it's infrastructure.

ahh, THAT makes sense.

20 minutes of google said nothing but bedroom taxes :/

ahh, THAT makes sense.

20 minutes of google said nothing but bedroom taxes :/

Well, here's an interesting article if you like: 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/scotland-could-join-scandinavia-warns-official-report-711073.html

Just overall the english acting like they're the superior party in every aspect. If a Scottish person wins at something, he's british. If he loses, he's Scottish.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

ty thats very well done.

p.s. this is a image from a sony cybershot. its  megapixels so rape your screen if you dare.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8246/8604424614_3def08acc6_o.jpg

ty thats very well done.

p.s. this is a image from a sony cybershot. its  megapixels so rape your screen if you dare.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8246/8604424614_3def08acc6_o.jpg

That's some damn fine photography!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler