PC Building noob in need of a networking wizard

just built my pc and my lan connection is stuck at 10 Mbps.

1830666575_Annotation2020-04-16003935.png.19747275bb9a1aee5b906cf6fd05412e.png

running on a ryzen 3700x (4 GHz) no overclock, ASUS Prime X570-P, gskill ripjaws 32gig that is rated at 3600 MHz, boot drive is a WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

ive tried setting the speed and duplex to 1.0 gbps full duplex and auto both yield the same result. cable is cat7 rated i know the cable works just tried it on another computer (my laptop) and i was getting much higher speeds

Annotation 2020-04-16 011903.png

This is with ethernet cable? Try switching ports on the router?

1 minute ago, aDoomGuy said:

This is with ethernet cable? Try switching ports on the router?

it is with the cable plugged in ive cycled through all the ports on the router and the results are the same.

4 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Have you tried a different cable?

yes. i moved my pc cable closer to the router and got the same result

No, I meant to replace the cable. What router are you using at the moment?

Maybe the port on the motherboard has an issue with that cable in terms of contact. Check if the port looks alright, you may need a flash light. Also make sure you have the appropriate drivers installed.

8 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

No, I meant to replace the cable. What router are you using at the moment?

i did try a different cable its just shorter than the other one didn't mean that i just moved it closer physically and didn't change the cable sorry for the misunderstanding. my router is Hitron CGN3ACSMR 

1 minute ago, Applefreak said:

Have you tried the intel controller?

so get the lan driver from the intel site instead of my motherboard website?

I don't know, a bit confusing, the specifications only list the realtek lan port but the bios handbook lists an intel port as well. Download the drivers from the manufacturer, in your case realtek. The motherboard vendors drivers will be outdated.

4 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

I don't know, a bit confusing, the specifications only list the realtek lan port but the bios handbook lists an intel port as well. Download the drivers from the manufacturer, in your case realtek. The motherboard vendors drivers will be outdated.

which one do i get?  and thank you for taking the time to help

Annotation 2020-04-16 123036.png

Also make sure to go back into settings and see if there are any power options and if so disable them. Don't forget to restart afterwards.

21 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Also make sure to go back into settings and see if there are any power options and if so disable them. Don't forget to restart afterwards.

i installed the driver, disabled any power options and restarted. just did a speed test and got the same results

Then I would assume the connector is bad on the motherboard. But before we go there, try a live disc with ubuntu or a similar os and do a speed test. That way you know it is a software issue. If the result is the same either RMA the board or if everything else is fine and RMA is too much of a hassle, get an Intel 1 gbit PCIe expansion card. Look for I210 ethernet cards. Those are all intel but sold by different brands, mine is from HP. Also lowers your latency in games a bit, if you care about that sort of thing.

5 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Then I would assume the connector is bad on the motherboard. But before we go there, try a live disc with ubuntu or a similar os and do a speed test. That way you know it is a software issue. If the result is the same either RMA the board or if everything else is fine and RMA is too much of a hassle, get an Intel 1 gbit PCIe expansion card. Look for I210 ethernet cards. Those are all intel but sold by different brands, mine is from HP. Also lowers your latency in games a bit, if you care about that sort of thing.

like this one on amazon? https://www.amazon.ca/10Gtek-Gigabit-Ethernet-Network-Express/dp/B06XH3QJ39/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=I210%2Bcard&qid=1587057192&s=electronics&sr=1-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEySjIwWTZQSzNORktNJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTYyODg4WU9DUVk4Qlk2TVZEJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA5MzI2MzJOMFBDQVBLWjFDMkkmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl&th=1