Replacement Laptop Displays

O4G

Right now, I have accidentally broken my screen on my laptop, it looks bad but that’s not the point here. I’m trying to purchase a laptop display replacement on Taobao, and I came over 2 kinds of display, 45% gamut and 72% gamut, which one should I get as both of them are like 10$ apart, I’m trying to get a display replacement on the cheap, which one should I get? My laptop is ASUS ROG Strix G531GD, with a LG display - LP156WFC (SP)(D1). 

9 minutes ago, O4G said:

Right now, I have accidentally broken my screen on my laptop, it looks bad but that’s not the point here. I’m trying to purchase a laptop display replacement on Taobao, and I came over 2 kinds of display, 45% gamut and 72% gamut, which one should I get as both of them are like 10$ apart, I’m trying to get a display replacement on the cheap, which one should I get? My laptop is ASUS ROG Strix G531GD, with a LG display - LP156WFC (SP)(D1). 

45% is probably a tn panel and the 72 is a ips panel most likely.

57 minutes ago, jaslion said:

45% is probably a tn panel and the 72 is a ips panel most likely.

The seller mentioned both being IPS tho

9 minutes ago, O4G said:

The seller mentioned both being IPS tho

Basically means that one is 45% ntsc standard then and one is 72%. Which then means the 45% one will have very off looking colours and the 72% will have decent colours.

33 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Basically means that one is 45% ntsc standard then and one is 72%. Which then means the 45% one will have very off looking colours and the 72% will have decent colours.

Hmm so I should just use the 10$ to get the better colours? Since the laptop had decent colours to begin with

Just now, O4G said:

Hmm so I should just use the 10$ to get the better colours? Since the laptop had decent colours to begin with

Yes especially if it's only 10$.