! MX Master 3 owners !

peddles
Go to solution Solved by Mateyyy,
1 minute ago, peddles said:

Are you referring to the main wheel or the thumb wheel? The thumb wheel isn't affected by SmartShift or using freespin

Nevermind lol, I didn't notice that you were talking about the thumb wheel, my bad.

It's always smooth for me, regardless of which way I'm scrolling, and I'm pretty sure that's what it should be like, so there might be something wrong with your particular unit.

Hi all,

Just got my MX Master 3 recently. I love it!

But:

When I use the thumb scroll upwards (clockwise) it rotates completely smoothly.

When I scroll down (anitclockwise) half way round the rotation is smooth, and half feels slightly ratcheted. Is this normal? Or do I need to send it back for a replacement?

Just to clarify, this is not software related. I'm talking about the literal physical feeling when using the thumb scroll

I've obviously contacted Logi support but they are hellishly slow to respond atm due to low staff numbers, for obvious reasons...

Thanks!

I know you mentioned that it's not a software problem, but have you turned off SmartShift? (just to be sure)

The ratchet feeling isn't too pronounced, especially when scrolling quickly, but it never feels as smooth as when actually using the freespin mode, for me at least.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

I know you mentioned that it's not a software problem, but have you turned off SmartShift? (just to be sure)

The ratchet feeling isn't too pronounced, especially when scrolling quickly, but it never feels as smooth as when actually using the freespin mode, for me at least.

Are you referring to the main wheel or the thumb wheel? The thumb wheel isn't affected by SmartShift or using freespin

1 minute ago, peddles said:

Nevermind lol, I didn't notice that you were talking about the thumb wheel, my bad.

It's always smooth for me, regardless of which way I'm scrolling, and I'm pretty sure that's what it should be like, so there might be something wrong with your particular unit.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

13 minutes ago, peddles said:

Hi all,

Just got my MX Master 3 recently. I love it!

But:

When I use the thumb scroll upwards (clockwise) it rotates completely smoothly.

When I scroll down (anitclockwise) half way round the rotation is smooth, and half feels slightly ratcheted. Is this normal? Or do I need to send it back for a replacement?

Just to clarify, this is not software related. I'm talking about the literal physical feeling when using the thumb scroll

I've obviously contacted Logi support but they are hellishly slow to respond atm due to low staff numbers, for obvious reasons...

Thanks!

You may wanna return your unit. It's supposed to turn with the same resistance any direction for full rotations.