Samsung UR55 - What's the trick? Is this good for PC Gaming?

Pandah
How come this monitor is only $350? Am I missing something? I see 1440p monitors for double the price? Should I get this for PC gaming, or is there something better for within the same price?

I'm looking for this in a monitor:
- 4k resolution
- 60-144hz (60 is fine)
- IPS panel
- Low response time (preferably less than 5ms)
- Freesync w/ Gsync if possible. (Although... Honestly, I don't notice the difference with Gsync on or off on my XB271HU..)
- HDR if available
- VESA mount capable
- Possibly 27" to match my 1440p 27" monitor? Not a big deal though.

I do not give a crap about tilt, swivel, or any of those type of features, since I will be having it on a monitor arm.

PC Specs that matter:
- Ryzen 7 3700x
- RTX 2080 Super

It's just a run of the mill 4k monitor. Nothing special about it. you can get 1440p 144hz freesync IPS monitors for 350$, the only 500$+ 1440p monitors are the g-sync ones.

If you just want a 4k monitor, any from a reputable brand will do. 

20 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

It's just a run of the mill 4k monitor. Nothing special about it. you can get 1440p 144hz freesync IPS monitors for 350$, the only 500$+ 1440p monitors are the g-sync ones.

If you just want a 4k monitor, any from a reputable brand will do. 

Wow, I didn't realize I paid that much of a premium for the Gsync platform... (I'm new to PC gaming). Which monitor do you believe would be better for 4k 60fps PC gaming? 

1. Samsung - UR55 (I've found no credible reviews on this monitor. However, it just released a couple(?) months ago.  https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-ur55-series-28-ips-4k-uhd-monitor-dark-gray-blue/6386391.p?skuId=6386391

2. LG 27UK850-W (I've found several detailed and excellent reviews on this, all positive) https://www.amazon.com/LG-27UK850-W-Monitor-Connectivity-FreeSync/dp/B078GVTD9N/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=G+27UK850-W&qid=1586845343&sr=8-1

Both these monitors seem about the same on paper... But, the LG monitor seems to be much more credible? However, it's $100 more. 

8 hours ago, Pandah said:

Wow, I didn't realize I paid that much of a premium for the Gsync platform... (I'm new to PC gaming). Which monitor do you believe would be better for 4k 60fps PC gaming? 

1. Samsung - UR55 (I've found no credible reviews on this monitor. However, it just released a couple(?) months ago.  https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-ur55-series-28-ips-4k-uhd-monitor-dark-gray-blue/6386391.p?skuId=6386391

2. LG 27UK850-W (I've found several detailed and excellent reviews on this, all positive) https://www.amazon.com/LG-27UK850-W-Monitor-Connectivity-FreeSync/dp/B078GVTD9N/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=G+27UK850-W&qid=1586845343&sr=8-1

Both these monitors seem about the same on paper... But, the LG monitor seems to be much more credible? However, it's $100 more. 

Because the good reviews, if you're willing to spend 100$ more than go for that. But samsung makes great panels and monitors as well, so if you want to save 100$, the samsung is great as well. Maybe get the samsung, and if you don't like it/have issues return it. Some of the reviews mention bad backlight bleed on the samsung, so if thats an issue get the LG.

58 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Because the good reviews, if you're willing to spend 100$ more than go for that. But samsung makes great panels and monitors as well, so if you want to save 100$, the samsung is great as well. Maybe get the samsung, and if you don't like it/have issues return it. Some of the reviews mention bad backlight bleed on the samsung, so if thats an issue get the LG.

Hey man, thank you for your time! I opened up another thread on this to pool in other opinions on this monitor, but it's looking like the LG 27UK850-W is the one! 

)