NVMe Portable Storage

Hi everyone,

First off, this is my first post on here so if I'm stepping out of line with this post please let me know.

Now getting to the subject at matter! I got thinking today and was wondering if there are any portable storage devices that can use NVMe storage to its full capacity. When I say to its full capacity, I mean getting the speeds that you would receive when installed on your motherboard but with the ease and portability of a general portable USB drive. I assume you would need to do this through the use of USB Type-c. Can USB stand up to the task I have asked or would it bottleneck the performance of my NVMe drive. 

I have tried looking up but I can't find a definitive answer anywhere.

Thanks to anyone that can help me.

4 minutes ago, Cvet76 said:

Hey, welcome to the forum. Have fun and quote the post of whomever you're responding to so they get a notification.

A short google search found that such things already exist, which is no surprise, but I can't be bothered to actually watch the reviews themselves, sorry :P

I bet there's more out there.

Thanks @Cvet76  I'll check those out! I knew that the devices already existed, but my main concern was whether these would take full advantage of the the speeds o NVMe or not. I'll see what they say in these videos. I would assume they test the speeds lol