Failing PCI-E Slot?????

tjrose91

Note this has many different subcategories for places like Motherboards or Graphics Cards idk what one to put it in

Took me many weeks to figure this out but i guess a PCI-E slot can fail overtime i have an x-99 UD3 Motherboard and always had the graphics card in the first PCIE x16 slot

only when playing Doom Eternal or any game for that matter but Doom Eternal it constantly Crashed, thought it was the NVME to PCIe x4 adapter as the onboard NVME slot is only Gen2x2

i mean it booted to windows just fine general everyday tasks just fine but playing games like Age of Empires 2 DE it would crash not as often as doom but once or twice during game play did an RMA on the Graphics Card and used an RX 550 4gb to get me by but that Graphics Card is only 8x not like the Vega 64 AIO version i have that is 16x so i ended up just recently placing the Vega 64 in the second PCIE x16 slot as the MB has two of them and was able to get Doom Eternal Working so far just fine as when i was trying to play a classic game Homefront on Steam it would crash almost instantly

So main question is my slot 1 pci-e failing for the 16x lanes as i placed my NVME adapter that has my OS on it on slot 1 and works just fine or could it be the CPU socket as some of the pins are bent works just fine for 4.7 ghz OC at 1.325v or 4.3ghz xmp