How to repair a solid SSD ?

Joe Lee

Dear reader,

Do you know how to fix a Solid SSD ? My SSD is crash because I store to much stuff inside my SSD. Anyone know how to restore or fix a solid SSD ? If you guys know how to fix please tell me.Thanks !

What exactly is happening?

Is your OS installed on the SSD? How much free space does it have? What are your system specs? What have you tried so far?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Is windows failing to load?

Have you checked you have no usb or sd card attached to the machine and that the boot drive in the bios/uefi is set to the one your OS is on?

Have you first tried to use some tutorials that show you how to fix boot issues, found on youtube or dedicated windows sites (probably a few on this form too)?

Can you attach it to another machine (yours or a friend's)?

If you can, backup any data you need from it.

Try and write somehing to it, or reformat it. If you can't, it has become read-only and is basically dead and is now in an irreversible failsafe state where it accepts no writes but allows you to copy files from it.

• 2 weeks later...

@RadiatingLight

The free space of my SSD is about 2-3% Very less and the OS is Windows 10. I use it on an overclocked laptop, I remember that I upgraded the RAM and SSD .Sorry that I can't list out the system spec, but I know its 12GB RAM.I don't know reason why it  crash.I tried to boot my computer again and again but its not working. Thank  You RadiatingLight for trying to help me.

@LauRoman

The computer is mine and the problem is the laptop can't boot up. When I boot it up it display a Lenovo logo and after that it stays on blank screen. I think the reason is the laptop can't even boot Win 10. I gave it to an expert that know how to restore a HDD but he don't know how to fix it and told me that the SSD should be dead.Thank You LauRoman for trying to help me.

On 4/12/2020 at 4:56 PM, yaboistar said:

sorry, i only know how to repair liquid SSD's

Reveal hidden contents

if an SSD is dead, it's dead.

They they think its funny but I know that there is a product also call liquid SSD. You were smart that you know how to repair a concept SSD !!🤣🤣🤣🤣😁😁

Start by getting rid of the overclock and maybe pulling the drive and see if its at least readable on another system if you have one? Other then that the drive could just be corrupted and not reading and you need to reinstall windows.

·Ï¢årµ§·

i7 4790k · 32GB Kingston HyperX · MSI Gaming 5 · ... · 30" HP ZR30W + 27" Samsung 275T · 2x240GB Intel 530 in Raid 0 + 2x1TB Crucial MX500 · Lain-Li X2000F · Antec Signature SG-850 · BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 Pro · Logitech Z5500 · Win10pro 64bit

2 minutes ago, IcarusLSC said:

Start by getting rid of the overclock and maybe pulling the drive and see if its at least readable on another system if you have one? Other then that the drive could just be corrupted and not reading and you need to reinstall windows.

Do you mean plug the SSD to another computer and reinstall Win 10 ? Actually I don't know how to reinstall win 10 because the another computer I am using is Mac OS. Can you teach me if you know how, and I don't know the SSD is crash or Win 10 is crash. Thank You for replying ! 

No just plug it in and see if its still readable. If its a different OS I'd not bother trying though.

Do you have a repair disk you can try, might be a better way to start actually? Still put it back to stock and try again. Can you see the drive in the BIOS?

·Ï¢årµ§·

i7 4790k · 32GB Kingston HyperX · MSI Gaming 5 · ... · 30" HP ZR30W + 27" Samsung 275T · 2x240GB Intel 530 in Raid 0 + 2x1TB Crucial MX500 · Lain-Li X2000F · Antec Signature SG-850 · BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 Pro · Logitech Z5500 · Win10pro 64bit

2 minutes ago, IcarusLSC said:

No just plug it in and see if its still readable. If its a different OS I'd not bother trying though.

Do you have a repair disk you can try, might be a better way to start actually? Still put it back to stock and try again. Can you see the drive in the BIOS?

I just tried just now and it can't read the drive at all. Is there any way to fix if the computer can't read the drive?

Did you check to see if its recognized in the bios?

Did you reset your OC on the laptop to test as well (usually a bad idea OCing laptops as they cook)?

If your sure its unreadable see if there is a firmware update or reapply and existing one.

·Ï¢årµ§·